Favorite low cal food

Options
2»

Replies

• Crystalworrall44
    Crystalworrall44 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Fruit!! Yumm.. I'm not even picky as to what kind. I love all of it:)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti squash. I love just about any type of squash, but this winter squash is very low calorie and tastes more like a summer squash, but is as filling as the denser winter squashes.
  • Apinget
    Apinget Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Recently I've been very into English cucumber sliced and topped with an ounce of goat cheese, the tangy cheese with the crisp cucumbers. . . mmm~

I'm also really into seaweed snacks, which is basically the nori that they use for sushi only packaged in strips and usually with a flavoring of some kind, they have a satisfying crunch. Don't knock them until you try 'em!
  • Apinget
    Apinget Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I love cottage cheese & dill, wrapped in a slice of smoked salmon OM NOM NOM

Sounds like a snack I can get behind! *Homer Simpson drool*
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    homemade pico de gallo... eaten with a spoon, but it's best with homemade corn tortilla chips :)
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    I love cottage cheese & dill, wrapped in a slice of smoked salmon OM NOM NOM

Holy *kitten* that sounds good!
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    spaghetti squash. i just tried it maybe a week and a half ago and i am officially addicted. oh and i love brussel sprouts :) sauteed with bacon and mushrooms. yum!
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Broccoli is probably my absolute favorite low-cal food. I cannot get enough of hot, steamed, lightly salted broccoli.
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Zucchini!

Eat it raw, stir fry with beans and spices, make zucchini tots, hollow it out and fill with tomatoes and basil. Cut it in thin strips and make a lasagna/casserole.

My favorite way is julienned, and to use it instead of traditional spaghetti ("zoodles")~

Y U M
  • streamgirl
    streamgirl Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Egg whites, feta, and whatever leftover veggies are in the fridge in an omelette.
  • andreaheileman
    andreaheileman Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Bump for Black Bean Brownies! :) YUM
  • tkotaka
    tkotaka Posts: 17
    Options
    carrot sticks and Sabra hummus w/pine nuts is my latest obsession.
  • Kabuhtu
    Kabuhtu Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I am in LOVE with turkey jerky! Has so much protein for just a snack. But it comes second to fruit course. :)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I'm also really into seaweed snacks, which is basically the nori that they use for sushi only packaged in strips and usually with a flavoring of some kind, they have a satisfying crunch. Don't knock them until you try 'em!

I did try them. I read several posts for these on MFP saying they were a good substitute for chips (potato chips, corn chips, not french fries). I was very disappointed. They are okay, but they are nothing like chips.