DONUTS!

sjyates
sjyates Posts: 175 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Some crazy person brought donuts to the office today. . .and they are just sitting in the breakroom calling my name! Just thought that if I vented about it, then it will help my willpower to stay away! I have made it 3 hours so far. . .only 5 more to get to the end of the workday. . .

I just keep telling myself that it would be a waste of my calories for the day. . .a waste of my calories for the day. . .:noway:

Replies

• waguchan
    waguchan Posts: 450 Member
    Donuts are just about the most unsatisfying food I can think of. They are so sweet, and so light. If I just take one bite, I end up craving sugar the rest of the day. Find something else to treat yourself with today, like a nice Greek yogurt with some protein and let everyone else eat up all those empty calories.

You can do it!

:-)
  • You can resist those donuts! I actually have a chocolate chip cookie cake sitting on my desk that a co-worker brought me for my one year anniversary with the company. I am going to take it back to to the breakroom as soon as I get a chance. I know it's tough to resist things that people bring in, but remember this.....NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS SKINNY FEELS :)

Good luck to you!

Kim
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    I've had this same temptation before. Trust me when I say that if you give in, it's not going to taste nearly as good as you're thinking. That's the power of human nature when we deny ourselves something we think we want.
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    you can do this. thats it.. you have the power, you dont need the donut.
  • TammyK777
    TammyK777 Posts: 230 Member
    I gave in to this temptation not too long ago... totally NOT worth it! Got a sugar high and then crashed, and it kinda made my tummy upset. And, of course, I didn't stop at just one either. :blushing:
  • sjyates
    sjyates Posts: 175 Member
    Thanks to all of you!!! You are making it so much easier to go in there and get a bottle of water and bypass the donuts. . .Thanks again! :flowerforyou:
  • You can do it! Just think how proud you'll be when you dont eat one. Yesterday I turned down donuts, carrot cake, and Tiramisu from olive garden. I'm still proud of myself lol. It will be worth it to resist.
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    It might seem like a good idea and it might taste great at first but in the end you will feel icky and regret it! Step away and you and your body will thank you later :flowerforyou:
  • JodieHut
    JodieHut Posts: 702 Member
    Soooo proud of you for passing by those doughnuts!! Baked goods are my weakness, so I feel your pain! Stay strong!
  • I know exactly how you feel! When I came into the office yesterday morning there was a caramel cake and banana bread in the breakroom, but I resisted the temptation. While everyone was sitting in our morning meeting eating the cake and bread I just had a glass of water. Six months ago I would have given into the temptation, but not anymore. It feels good to have control over food.
  • MelissaE1214
    MelissaE1214 Posts: 73 Member
    I think about the day the bagels come to the office! I dont know what I am going to do. They are my weakest moments!
  • rose1617
    rose1617 Posts: 469 Member
    Soooo proud of you for passing by those doughnuts!! Baked goods are my weakness, so I feel your pain! Stay strong!
    me too! I can't tell you how often I get the craving for a slice of cake with frosting.

Go you OP for resisting! You'll be that much better off for it!:flowerforyou:
  • Russellb97
    Russellb97 Posts: 1,057 Member
    I hate it when that happens.

I have altoids or mint gum on hand and I have them every time i get the urge. The mint will make the donuts taste like garbage!
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    You can do it! Evil donuts ... grrrrrr

I agree with Russell get some gum or some sort of mint (even drink mint tea) and that will help.

My boss (a diabetic) buys all sorts of sugary treats. Currently there are double chocolate chips cookies in the coffee area. Before I started this site last week I had 1 1/2 ... I haven't touched them since. I bring healthy snacks to work and when I think about those cookies I eat a snack or drink some water. 2 1/2 hours left to my work day and I just ate a 1/2 lb of watermelon haha.

YOU CAN DO IT ... NO EMPTY CALORIE DONUTS FOR YOU! And think about what you CAN eat for those 200+ calories in that one donut!
This discussion has been closed.