Any other aqua Instructors on MFP??

Options
Hey I was just trying to think up some new stuff to do in aqua class today and I thought I would see if there were any other aqua instructors on here (and I am sure there are!). Anyone have any awesome exercises you do in aqua classes that you love! I would love some new core focused exercises (my classes are fairly cardio focused) I do a lot of abs where we are on our backs and toes out of the water. My favorite is the hundred, stolen from pilates. I am always looking for new things!

Replies

• suzi67
    suzi67 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'm not an instructor, but in the aqua class I went to, which was deep water, we balanced ourselves standing on pool noodles and did reverse squats bringing our knees up. It gave great core exercising by having to keep the balance and great leg work, as well.
  • klaufhut
    klaufhut Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm an aquatics instructor in NJ. Right now I'm teaching 2 kids classes (for ages 5-7 and 8-12), a kickboxing class and a Yoga/ Pilates/T'ai Chi combo class (VERY good for your core) that also incorporates 2 relaxation segmants to eliminate stress. I've also taught deep water jogging, a tethered class, salsa dancing, and a dance party class (yes, all in the pool). Lots of fun! Have you checked out the AEA site (Aquatics Exercise Association) for ideas?
  • pilotgirl2007
    pilotgirl2007 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I wish I had access to deep water. We don't hace the equipment or the area of deep water to workout in. I have some stuff on pilates in the water and I have done some yoga, but my class is so used to continued motion that the slow down doesn't make them happy lol We just got a whole bunch of new noodles so I might do a noodles class tonight. There are tons of blogs on spinning and forums for spinning but there is nothing like that for aqua instructors. Thought I would see if I could connect with some instructors on here. :)