Identify my lunch

SHBoss1673
SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
edited September 21 in Food and Nutrition
See how many things in my lunch you can name.

small_lunch.jpg

Replies

• abbiez
    abbiez Posts: 229 Member
    That looks YUMMY!

I see some chicken, carrots, red onion, broccoli, red pepper, olives, cheese
  • SHBoss1673
    correct so far. you can't really see the 2 greens on the bottom so I'll give them to you, field greens and baby spinach, but there's more, you can see the rest of it. Hint, there are 12 items. 10 of which are in view.
  • kelbel76
    kelbel76 Posts: 148 Member
    Wow, that's quite a meal!

I see chicken, kidney beans, cheese, broccoli, red onion, red pepper, carrot, mushrooms and a container of dressing.
  • kidney beans?
  • sweetn3ss
    sweetn3ss Posts: 341 Member
    Ok I see a mixed greens salad with chicken, cheese, mushrooms, olives (2 kinds?), a bean of some sort, onion, carrots, peppers, broccoli, and dressing.
  • red pepper!
  • StuAblett
    StuAblett Posts: 1,141 Member
    Tofu
    Carrots
    Mushrooms
    Broccoli
    Cheese
    Kale
    Red Onions
    Red Bell Peppers
    Chicken
    Black Olives
    ....?
    :bigsmile:

Sure does look good!
  • SHBoss1673
    Yep you guys got it. I only counted the peppers once, even though there were red, orange, and green.

so its

carrots
    field greens
    baby spinach
    onions (red)
    peppers
    olives (only one kind, black)
    broccoli
    shredded light cheddar cheese
    mushrooms
    2 oz. grilled chicken breast
    red kidney beans
    and1 serving of Ken's lite olive oil vinagrette

what I couldn't fit into the picture was my 1 serving of Josephs flax pita bread as an extra carb.

this meal comes out to somewhere around 550 calories, a lot for some people, not really for me as I'm at maintenance, BUT
    the reason why I posted this is because you can see that even though it's a lot of calories, it's very filling, and these calories are surrounded by lots of fiber, and because of this, will spread out the calorie release for a few hours instead of some sandwich with a triple serving of white bread that will be broken down in less than an hour and ultimately end up flooding my body with extra calories and eventually be stored as fat simply because my body can't use all those calories right away.

I just thought this was a much cooler way to remind people that while calorie count is important, so is nutrient quality!

have a great day folks.

-Banks
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    :drinker: Great looking lunch! Good object lesson too!
  • something from whole food and most likely asian with tofu?
  • red cabbage , onions , tofu?
  • red cabbage , onions , tofu?
This discussion has been closed.