Feel sooo ill after naughty day

Options
So yesterday I was not in the best mood and ended up eating all my fave comfort foods; pizza, fish fingers, mayonaise, chocolate, crips and I put extra sugar in my tea. I woke up in the middle of the night after having an awful nightmare and was feeling soo rough this morning I had to phone in work ill. Im currently in bed feeling sick and as if my head is going to explode.

Is this really what eating junk food does to your body?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    or you've got a bug...
  • V0lver
    V0lver Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    ofcourse you will be uncomfortable with the ensuing insulin surge from eating that much sugar but for the most part, its mostly psychological. You would not be having such a rough day if you had gone to bed thinking " Ok i overate today but no worries, i will be back on track from tomorrow."
  • emmaelisenl
    emmaelisenl Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I had the same thing after drinking a hot chocolate and a sweet dessert last saturday, I felt like my head was going to explode and nothing helped. Luckily, after a good night sleep it was gone. But it's making me never want to drink hot chocolate again!
  • Poods71
    Poods71 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I still like my treats but not as many as I used to lol. I do find that if I overdo it I can have what feels a bit like a hangover the next day. I call it my sugar hangover lol
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    headaches could be due to high blood pressure, if you have a day when you have higher sodium than usual, that could be raising your blood pressure.

also this kind of thing could be a sign of a food intolerance. Certain foods can trigger migraines.
  • CatAMcC
    CatAMcC Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Drink water to get it flushed out of system.

White tea is also good - helps settle stomach and gives you a boost.
  • jayjay12345654321
    jayjay12345654321 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    About six months ago I ate something out of politeness that a family member brought over. I was nauseated for hours. She'd used half a stick of butter in the recipe and it didn't sit well in my stomach at all.
  • BaoCat
    BaoCat Posts: 42
    Options
    Could be. Could be a cold... or you ate something not quite right in that binge. But I find myself I'm just more sensitive to food changes when sticking to a limited diet.

I've been doing low carb for months now and a few weeks back, I had a cheat day when my niece was visiting. Big ol' ice cream sundae, and later a burger and french fries. So overall, a ton of salt and carbs I'm not use to, and pure sugar carbs to boot.

Felt headachy and crappy the whole next day. So while it was a glorious sundae and pretty good fries... it's a reminder that for me, a sudden intense food switch like that can be a bit of a blarg/headache fest.

I drank alot of water the next day and reminded myself if I'm going to do that again, to keep it a muuuuuuch smaller cheat. That was a pretty miserable price to pay.