Need some help with sugar cravings.

Options
Last night my mouth felt dry and bitter and I had a chocolate bar. I felt horrible afterwards.
How do I control my chocolate and sugar cravings after midnight?

Replies

• TINAHUNTER1969
    TINAHUNTER1969 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Keep some chopped fruit in the fridge, apples, melon, pineapple or strawberries, basically whatever fruit you like - they are sweet enough to take away the sugar or chocolate cravings and healthier.

If you really want chocolate and nothing else will do then have it as sometimes a craving just won't shut up and you eat all sorts of stuff but in the end have the chocolate anyway!! Just watch what you eat the next day.

I had a red delicious apple the other day and it was so sweet I didn't need anything else :smile:
  • Liggy302
    Liggy302 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I also have a really bad sweet tooth, especially after meals.

A few weeks ago I bought in a load of sugar free sweets such as the sugar free Werthers Originals.

If you just have one after a meal it suppresses your sweet tooth.

Other things I use are fruit flavoured Tik Taks. Just have one or two of these and it seems to help.

If you want something more substantial then there are also "Nakd" bars which can be found in the "Free From/Allergy Free" sections of the supermarket.

They are made from raw fruits & nuts but have several different flavours (chocolate, chocolate orange, cashew nut, red berries etc). They are better then they sound.

Hope this helps :)
  • Earth2Graceee
    Options
    If I have a urge from the chocolate monster I eat special k pastry crisps (chocolate). Its 100 cals per package and so yummy!
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Go to bed.
  • mellypeters09
    mellypeters09 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    If you've ever experienced eating too much chocolate, try to remember exactly how nauseous you felt afterwards. Then you kinda get sick of the thought of eating chocolate for a bit and the craving goes away. At least it does for me.