Making sure calories are right

Options
So I just calculated my BMR and TDEE online, and different calculators say I have a TDEE anywhere from 1794 to 1948. Minus the 20%, and using the lowest TDEE of 1794, I am calculating I should have 1435 calories a day. Right now MFP has me at 1200, I am thinking I should bump that up to the 1435. Is that correct? Or would I be better off to stay with the 1200 from MFP? My diary is open - yes, I know I need to exercise more and drink more water, and I am making sure I have the calories before I drink any alcohol (except for last Saturday - that was a kind of "lost day"!). Any thoughts on the total calories I should be eating would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Replies

• amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    I'd go with the 1435, more sustainable and if you can then why not? On a more personal note I'd ditch the energy drinks and try and get my energy from just food, but thats just me.
  • Jamie_durham
    Options
    When I first started I had my goals set at 1.5lbs per week at 1,200 calories per day. I was able to stay there or under most days but I was getting really discouraged on the days I struggled with staying that low. I have decreased it to 1lb a week with 1440cals per day. I think this will encourage me to stick with it!

I think that this will help you stick with it like it has for me. I have lost 7 pounds in 17 days so I think that the 1440 is working for me at least for now.

You don't want to feel deprived either.