Shoe Recommendations for walking around parks

Options
Hello All! I'm leaving in 10 days to go to FL with my family. I'm looking for some recommendations on comfortable shoes to wear while walking around the parks all day. I have ankle and foot issues but am a runner. Is there anything I can wear, that aren't the heavy leather walking shoes, where I won't be in pain by the end of the day?

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Do you run pain free? I walk in the same shoes I run in ( an older pair that's been taken out of the running rotation) - light & comfortable.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    I have ankle and foot issues but am a runner.

What are your foot and ankle issues?
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    I am not sure of your ankle or foot issues, but I love the Nike Free line. I have a few of the 3.0 versions and I wear them everywhere because they are so light and comfortable. If I were going to be walking around Orlando (guessing that's where you are going), I would definitely wear these.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I have ankle and foot issues but am a runner.

What are your foot and ankle issues?

I have screws and a plate in my ankle from breaking both leg bones about 8 years ago. Generally they don't bother me, but by the end of walking all day, I definitely feel it. I have a pair of old Saucony runners (2 years old) that I can wear, I just wasn't sure if they'd be supportive enough for me to wear for that long, multiple days in a row.