LGBT Friendly Thread (it says "friendly")

Options
DeathIsMyGift
DeathIsMyGift Posts: 434 Member
Thought I'd try this again since my last "homo" thread was shut down. This is a place for LGBT to talk about...whatever. Of course ALL are welcome here but if you have nothing nice to say---there are hundreds of other threads on MFP. Let us gays have our fun..capish? ;)

I'll start things off by introducing myself. I'm Jessa. I'm 31 and live in the DFW area with my girlfriend. MFP has helped me tons since I joined in Feb. I have fallen off the wagon for a bit but I'm back on it full force and have set a goal to lose 10lbs by Nov. My ultimate goal is to be 150lbs. Still "overweight" for my height but I carry it well ;) SO...welcome fellow queers. Let's make this thread a friendly and safe place for us to discuss...whatever.

Replies

• wannabefit4life
    Options
    Well I'm not LGBT but I definitely am friendly! Good luck on your goal!!
  • SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options
    I am not LGBT but everyone has a voice and a right to be heard. We are to love and accept everyone whether we agree or disagree. I hope this is a friendly and kind thread. :-)
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    I don't know what LGBT means, but I'm guessing DFW is Dallas Fort Worth? I really gotta get some help with my acronyms.

TOTBC -- Too Old To Be Cool.
  • ♥jewelchristian♥
    ♥jewelchristian♥ Posts: 3,666 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Jessa, hope your journey goes well. Feel free to add me as a friend, I am married to a great fella, but identify as queer (by Margaret Cho's definition, I want everyone to want me) :laugh:
  • ♥jewelchristian♥
    Options
    I don't know what LGBT means, but I'm guessing DFW is Dallas Fort Worth? I really gotta get some help with my acronyms.

Lesbian, Gay, Bi, Trans = LGBT
  • xTattooedDollx
    xTattooedDollx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Your other thread was shut down?!?!
  • FemininGuns
    FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Jessa, hope your journey goes well. Feel free to add me as a friend, I am married to a great fella, but identify as queer (by Margaret Cho's definition, I want everyone to want me) :laugh:

Love the definition of queer by Margaret Cho... Will have to second that one! LOL And Welcome!! :)
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options

Lesbian, Gay, Bi, Trans = LGBT

Thank you.
  • ♥jewelchristian♥
    Options
    my pleasure :happy:
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    I certainly hope your thread will not be shut down. If it is I would have to question what type of site this really is and if I really want to be a part of something that accepts intolerance. Best of luck to you!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Let's make this thread a friendly and safe place for us to discuss...whatever.

I'm really not trying to be a jerk...and I am not anti-gay....but I just wondered.....isn't ALL of MFP a friendly and safe place to discuss ...whatever?

Why the need for a separate thread, why the desire for a label? Isn't segregating people bad?

If I made a "straight people" thread, wouldn't you feel a little offended?

I just don't get it.

Please don't imagine I'm mad, I'm really just more confused than anything.....
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site...sorry if others were cruel or just insensitive. Everyone has a right to be who they want to be, regardless of race, gender, orientation, religion or education. Hope you meet some great new friends here. (BTW, I am married with 2 toddlers:happy: )
  • DancingDreamer
    Options
    whaaaat a gay thread got shut down? laaame :c

aaaanyway hiya! i'm Alice, i identify as Pansexual with a mild case of genderqueer (gender identification? whats that!? D8) but i'm dating a straight man currently (which is totally weird for me sometimes because i havent dated a guy since my sophomore year of highschool, i'm used to the ladies XD) i live in Austin TX (hey another texas girl! :D) and i love it here (except the weather, i hate the weather) nice to meet-cha all! :bigsmile:
  • DKWaggoner
    Options
    Hello Everyone,
    My name is Deb & my partner Lori and I joined MFP a little over a month ago and we love this site! We live in Eugene Oregon.
    We moved here in June 2009.I was born and raised Cape Girardeau Mo .Lori is originally from Ohio.Feel free to add me as a friend : ) Have a blessed day...Namaste...
  • DKWaggoner
    Options

I'm really not trying to be a jerk...and I am not anti-gay....but I just wondered.....isn't ALL of MFP a friendly and safe place to discuss ...whatever?

Why the need for a separate thread, why the desire for a label? Isn't segregating people bad?

The difference is we are a minority and as such are attacked by others for being who we are.."straight " people are not attacked for being themselves! so a friendly place to chat with open minded people is wonderful..Did that answer your question
  • DancingDreamer
    Options

I just don't get it.

its hard being LGBTQ, and i'm being honest here, most straight people dont understand our issues and how it feels, we like to discuss things with other's in the same boat as us thats all :)

just like any ethnic, religious, or social group, its a solidarity thing. :smile:
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site...sorry if others were cruel or just insensitive. Everyone has a right to be who they want to be, regardless of race, gender, orientation, religion or education. Hope you meet some great new friends here. (BTW, I am married with 2 toddlers:happy: )

Who they Want to be??? not sure what you mean by this. People are who they are when it comes to race, or orientation etc, whether they "want" to be or not. It sound like you are saying it is a choice someone makes.
  • SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options

Actual, and i didnt know this, there is a rule on here about posting your political, religious, or any views that might be inflamitory. I personally disagree with that. We should each have a voice.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options

I just don't get it.

its hard being LGBTQ, and i'm being honest here, most straight people dont understand our issues and how it feels, we like to discuss things with other's in the same boat as us thats all :)

just like any ethnic, religious, or social group, its a solidarity thing. :smile:

I guess I can understand that.

It just seems a little like a double standard, ya know? If I separate and treat someone different based on race, class, whatever, I'm bad (racist, insensitive, intolerant). If a person in a minority group separates themselves from others on the same basis, it's (insert group name here) pride.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options

Actual, and i didnt know this, there is a rule on here about posting your political, religious, or any views that might be inflamitory. I personally disagree with that. We should each have a voice.

Mike provides us this site for free. It is up to him to set the ground rules and up to us members to abide by them. I don't have a problem with his rules, and for the most part, those rules keep MFP free of drama.
This discussion has been closed.