Philadelphia

Options
Ejwelton
Ejwelton Posts: 331 Member
Hi everyone.

i'm flying to the US on Saturday and have Sunday to myself in downtown Philly before work meetings on Mon/Tues.

Can anyone give me ideas on things that are recommended to give me a good Philly experience in just one day?!

Thanks

Emma

Replies

• LankyYankee
    LankyYankee Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    It's cold as all HELL here right now. BUT if you really want to do the tourist Philly thing, there's the Philadelphia Museum of Art (Rocky Steps), The Liberty Bell Center which is right by Independence Mall, The Italian Market on 9th, Franklin Institute, Mutter Museum.

Seriously though, just google Philadelphia Tourist and a TON of stuff comes up :smile: :drinker: Enjoy the city!
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    also, this Sunday, Chinatown is having the dragon parade for Chinese New Year.
  • Ejwelton
    Ejwelton Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    yesterday was lovely and mild - we walked for ages and saw the LIberty bell and also caught the parade for Chinese new Year.
    Today it's freezing and snowing and half the people I'm supposed to be meeting haven't made it into town!

We're off to Buddakan for dinner tonight - it looks lovely and I'm looking forward to it,

I fly down to Miami tomorrow night so hopefully the weather will have eased a bit by then.