Am I doing enough exercise?

SJT75
SJT75 Posts: 134
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi

I'm currently exercising 5 times a week. 3 x 60+ mins cardio in the gym with some weights and floor work and 2 mornings I jog (as fast as i can!) for 30 mins.

I just want to know if i should have 2 rest days or if i should do some extra exercise of these days.....seems to be different advice about rest or no rest.......What do you think?

If i should exercise what do you recommend as something different that i can do at home....looking for maximum weight loss.

Thanks

Sam

Replies

• FemininGuns
    FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
    Well pay attention on how you feel. If you feel great - chalk in another run (not as quick - more like a leisure run), if the next rest day you feel energetic, you can put in a walk... I wouldn't overdo it cause if so, then you'll be run down and won't have energy to conquer your other workouts.
  • clahut
    clahut Posts: 211 Member
    Hi there,

It sounds like you are doing quite a lot but having just got back from the gym and having a personal trainer give me my 'tailor-made' workout - it depends on what you are doing. Up until now I have been going 30 - 40 mins cardio 3 times a week but this has largely just been me on the bike or cross trainer plugging away at a pretty constant rate - and apparently that is not the best thing to do for weight loss. Now I have a program where the cardio aspect is based on intervals training (sprint then recover, repeat for 10 mins - on bike and rowing machine). Obviously I have yet to try it - but I'll let you know how I get on and if I notice that my weight loss has increased any because of it.

Cheers,
    C
  • SJT75
    SJT75 Posts: 134
    Thanks...i look forward to hearing how you get on with intervals. I think i will try to fit something in to the 2 rest days, probably walk or swim so i can do it with the children.
This discussion has been closed.