I don't want to be a fat bride! Add me, need friends :)

Options
2»

Replies

• CatAMcC
    CatAMcC Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Add me as I am the same wedding date!!!!! :-)
  • jjennyb4
    jjennyb4 Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    I didn't want to be a fat bride either.... That jump started me and gave me the motivation and drive to lose weight. I've lost a total of 74lbs & I currently still have 6lbs to go to get to my ultimate goal weight. MFP helped me connect with people with the same goals & motivation. I log everyday... anyone is welcome to add me.

Good luck :smile:
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,576 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent! You've got so much going for you and you're off to a great start! I love Skinny Taste recipes!
  • taz1903
    Options
    I wish you all the luck and strength on this journey of yours. I will certainly add you as I am on a similar journey of weight loss (though not with a wedding my but my health). Here's to lots of encouragement and lots of weight lost!
  • nicolared1
    Options
    I'm getting married next year too, hopefully January (we haven't booked it yet - I know, lagging behind!) I initially thought I wouldn't diet for the wedding, and I'm still a big advocate for loving yourself as you are if at all possible, but I just started to feel generally uncomfortable at the weight I am now and the wedding is good motivation.
  • carblover79
    Options
    I am also a bride to be with a "to be determined" 2015 date. I have been logging in for 165 days and am over halfway to the goal I set before knowing I was going to be a bride. I also have a desk job and share custody of a 5 year old, so meal planning and prep are key. Add me if you would like!
  • AndreaRoseDeen
    Options
    Hello,
    I am getting married for the second time in June 2014. I too don't want to be a fat Bride. I want to lose 22-27 lbs beforehand. I have already lost 5 lbs and I am doing Hot Yoga, Lifting, and walking/running every week to get me there. Plus here at work I met with a Nutritionist that helped me modify my diet (I am a vegetarian) to make sure I was eating appropriately. But it sure it alot of work. I found a few GREAT protein shakes on Pintrest that I can share with you that my Nutritionist Loved and a drink from Dr. Oz that helps with Plateaus. I am here for support if you want to send me a Friend Request!
  • Travko
    Travko Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    You (and anyone else) are certainly free to add me. I have already discovered so many motivating friends online, and I'm always happy to share this journey with more!
  • audiecatsunflower
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! I have been engaged since August and am terrified to even set a wedding date. I'll be 30 in two weeks and don't want to wait too long but also want to feel beautiful on my wedding day. I'm not sure how to add friends yet but feel free to add me! I can use all the support I can get as I'm sure we all can!! Good luck to you!!
  • sushidulces
    sushidulces Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I was in the same boat in August. Unfortunately, I waited too long to try to get fit :/ Had I started 6 months prior, I would've been comfortable with the way I looked. We got hitched in Vegas, and I didn't like sharing many pics because I was chunky.

My only advice is start asap. Even if it's just a 2 mile walk. As far as food, pinterest has been a godsend. I find great healthy non processed dinner ideas. Have your fiance hold you to your responsibilities. I tell hubby, ok I'm going out to the garage at 5 pm. And I'll keep saying that so that when 5 pm comes, I better get out there so I keep my word. Heck have fiance join you :)