Advice needed please!

Options
Hello to all! I have lost a total of 42lbs with 10 more to loose before I reach my goal. I have leveled off and stopped loosing. What is worse, I am tired of counting!!! It took me a year and a half to loose the 42lbs and I just want to eat without counting, I want to be able to trust myself with food again. But I am soooo close to my end goal I would hate to stop now, I am in need of motivation or a change. Do I stop counting and learn to trust myself around food again or do I keep going for those last 10lbs? Advice please!

Replies

• professormudd1
    Options
    Keep going... It is only 10 more lbs. Have you re-evaluated your calorie goals? Also, for how long have you leveled off? I have gone a week without change, then lost bunches the following week. This always makes it feel like plateus for me, but it turns out my body is not digital.

You are so close to your goal, you can deal with it for a few more weeks. If I were you, I would re-evaluate my calorie goal, and add in some extra activity just to give myself a boost. Congrats on your loss so far!
  • SKME2013
    SKME2013 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Hi Marykate,

Why not give it a try for a couple of weeks and see how it goes?

I suspect that after a year and half of calorie counting you have a good feeling for how much you consume. Alternatively, you could look into doing the 5:2 fasting for a couple of weeks, just google it.

Best of luck
    Stef.
  • loriq41
    loriq41 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I am in the EXACT same boat as you..I have not lost in probably..6 weeks...but I have gone heavier on the lifting and I hate to admit that although I am good about 90% of the time..well, the other 10% is probably what is doing me in. So between the lifting and the food issue I am thinking I may be having issues...cuz I am hungry now ALOT. I think that we both have some "tweaking" to do..add me if you wish and we can commiserate...LOL