Looking for Support and encouragement

Options
I am on this journey to lose weight and I have about 100 pounds to go. I have been diagnosed with an auto immune disease that makes my body have elevated white blood cells and causes it to literally attack itself with hiving, swelling of the face causing wheezing to happen if it gets bad enough. I've had this problem since I was 14 (31 years old now) and have been able to keep it under control with medicine...for the most part. 4 years ago my doctor ordered me to stop working as my auto immune problem had caused me to be rushed to the ER 3 times in a couple months because I had stopped breathing. It took two years to get them under control with the right medicine. I had a meeting with my doctor last month because my hives were breaking through the medicine, I was having difficulty breathing and was utterly exhausted all the time. She did blood tests and told me some bad news....I had a new auto immune development. The first were markers in my blood that was attacking my thyroid...now I have markers attaching themselves to skin cells and attacking them...hence the outbreak of hives. My doctor ordered me to lose the weight...she said if I don't (as it's adding stress on my body) then in 3-5 years there is a high chance the meds will not be able to control it anymore. I jumped on the chance, joined a gym and have been busting my butt to be able to lose the weight. But lately I am having difficulty with motivation and although I am still going to the gym am not feeling like I am losing weight as fast as I could. I would love for people to add me as a friend and help out with that motivational support.... maybe help out with ways to eat healthier and new fun exercises to do as well....I will return the favor! Thanks so much!

Replies

• Kalley1959
    Kalley1959 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Sandy and have been successfully losing weight for a year now. I've lost 79 lbs with about 100 more to go. Feel free to add me, I log in daily.

good luck, you CAN do this!!!