Im Torn......

Options
Jacwhite22
Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
Received an invite at work today for a lunch and learn seminar....The invite includes the following:

"Bring your lunch and join us for a Wellness Lunch & Learn session to kick off a new year of health and fitness. Our guest speaker Dr. xxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx -- is a trained chiropractor and nutritionist well known for his seminars on how to lose belly fat. He is ready to give us tips on how to get the most out of exercise and nutrition and will debunk some popular myths around dieting and weight loss. "

My first thought is seriously? This is being passed as factual information? This quack has lost his mind. I should go for the LOLs and to see how much BS he spews......but then I thought.....what if that's just it.....and he want to tell people there really is no secret formula. So I went to his website where I found the following information:

"With nearly a decade in practice, Dr. xxxxxxx has observed that people fall into one of four distinct body shapes. Interestingly, each body shape (or type) has a list of clearly perceived characteristics. Since the metabolic rate is controlled by hormones, and hormones are influenced by what you put IN your body and HOW you exercise, it is vitally important to learn how these factors all work. This seminar will give you essential insights into the nature of and strategies for handling the different body types and how each one stores and burns fat."

"Did you realize that the majority of people exercising are getting, maybe at best, only 5 percent of the benefits they really should be getting? What a waste of valuable time. In our testing, we found that those with weight issues are NOT using the correct intensity, duration and frequency to activate their major fat-burning hormone, called growth hormone. Instead they are working against the natural rhythms of hormones, undermining the potential benefits. Each person is different and it is vital to find the correct exercise for one’s individual body type. Two people can be doing the same volume of exercise each day, but it’s the WAY it is done that makes the difference."

"What You’ll Learn at the Belly Fat Advanced Weight Loss Seminar

The four different body types, and what’s really behind each one.
The biggest reason why most people have a difficult time getting into fat–burning mode, despite lots of exercise and diet.
Strategies to get rid of belly fat including a full understanding of the activation–recovery cycles of exercise.
How to reduce cravings for the things that are unhealthy.
Find out why many people plateau with their weight within the first two weeks of any program.
Learn what time of the day the body best burns fat.
Find out more about your body type.
Find out what body type should NOT be exercising right away.
The three things that nullify fat–burning hormones.
The single biggest mistake people make while exercising, which slows the fat burning process.
What potential imbalances a body could have when it craves sweets, starches, breads, chocolate, chips, ice, or grapefruit. Different cravings indicate different things.
Why calories look at fat–burning hormones differently.
Learn why the "consume–less–fat" myth might not help you with weight loss.
Understanding of the fat burning influences over food and exercise."

iceberg.jpg

Part of me really wants to go to listen to this information being spewed......But I am afraid I will laugh out loud or scoff at an inappropriate time? I'm also disappointed that my company be backing this as "factual information"........SMH.

Replies

• Sovictorrious
    Sovictorrious Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Laugh on the inside.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Oh, I would have to go...
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    GO GO GO!!! Just pinch yourself every time you feel the need to laugh, and next time use a freakin' apostrophe. :flowerforyou:
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    go and ask lots of questions and smile and nod :happy:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Oh my.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't go. the lunch menu will probably consist entirely of cauliflower.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Heck, it's free. I'd go if only to hear for myself what's coming out of his mouth. Lunchtime entertainment is so rare...
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    DO IT!!!! Sound all kinds of derpy...it could be a blast!
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Wow...
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    I would have to talk to someone in the department responsible for scheduling this and show them some science-based facts about why this guy is a quack and should not be given a showcase for his whack ideas.
  • YesIAm17
    YesIAm17 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't go. the lunch menu will probably consist entirely of cauliflower.

That's the only reason I would actually go!
  • DirrtyH
    DirrtyH Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Go and report back, because I really want to know what body type I am!!
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Don't forget your checkbook.
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    I would go.. and There will be a Q&A time..
    call him out on his BS..
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Learn what time of the day the body best burns fat.

0432 GMT otherwise, you're just screwed.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Can you go and bring a cheeseburger and fries with you for your lunch?
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I'd do it just for entertainment purposes.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    I'd ask him for strategies to spot reduce and tone.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Can you go and bring a cheeseburger and fries with you for your lunch?

Please do this. Pleeeeaase. And a chocolate chip cookie.
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    My question is: did everyone get invited or just you? B/c if it were me and I was the only who received this invitation, I would have been mad. Not mad enough to keep me from going, getting food, sneaking out, and eating my lunch while hiding in the bathroom...sounds like I might have done this before, doesn't it?