Is it me??

Options
I was going thru the success threads and it seems like almost ALL the people who lost weight looked younger? I'm not talking the 5-10 lbs loss but the 40 lbs loss on up?

Replies

• lavaughan69
    lavaughan69 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I've lost 45 lbs and I'm 43. I haven't posted to the success thread yet because I've revised my goal weight and want to lose another 10 lbs or so.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Oh, I fully expect to start showing my age once the weight starts coming off. I suspect I will see the wrinkles of an average 40 something once I don't have so much fat in my face and the skin will sag just about everywhere.

But that will make it all the more impressive when I am stronger than the young whippersnappers at the park.
  • Ferrous_Female_Dog
    Ferrous_Female_Dog Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Nope, I've noticed that too. It has that effect on people.
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I think losing weight, improving your diet and fitness and drinking the much needed water a lot of us didn't pay attention before would have that effect - I hope I look younger when I reach my goal!
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I've lost over 80lbs but have been told i look younger than before lol.
  • mmiceli
    Options
    Younger people may have less responsibilities, thus more time. Maybe no kids yet, or no homes to maintain. Also, those of us middle aged folks who struggle, also find ourselves in the middle of taking care of two generations. Perhaps we have kids in college, but also are caring for an aged parent. All that being said - we just don't have the time to document to the world all of our progress. maybe just the most important stuff, eh? Something to ponder.
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I've lost 70-80 pounds and I quite frequently get remarks on how much younger I look. I think part of it is the self-confidence that losing weight gives.
  • lavaughan69
    lavaughan69 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I've lost 45 lbs and I'm 43. I haven't posted to the success thread yet because I've revised my goal weight and want to lose another 10 lbs or so.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, although I haven't posted on the success forums, I am getting comments that people thinking that my 18 year old daughter and I are sisters! :-)