Ladies - How do you exercise during that time of the month?

Options
13»

Replies

• FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    If I may, just want to mention something that might help you overall. Weight loss is a marathon not a sprint. If once a week you eat maintenance, or if one day you blow your goals... who cares. Just pick it up the next day.

Spend some time considering the math behind calories in vs. calories out, and what you need to eat to gain, maintain, or loose. Even if you overeat by 1000 calories in a day, that's only 500 calories surplus... not something that's going to set you back more than maybe 24 hours.

Thinking critically and understanding this stuff helps you keep a level head as the numbers move around.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    For 2 days I can't walk and must have a heating pad on my belly or my back (endometriosis), so there isn't much exercise going on, no. But it's never messed up my routine. Taking 2 days off is nothing, really.

I used to just get bad cramps, and I liked yoga for them back then. Even the poses you aren't supposed to do during your TOM :) I think getting the blood flowing (no pun intended!) is good for most inflammation. OTOH, with something like endo or fibroids, everything is so inflamed and swollen the movement can make it more painful. You'll know the difference once you try it once or twice ;)

A heated pool might be lovely. I never had access to one, but if you do, that's the first thing I'd try after yoga or a nice walk :)
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    I count those days as recovery days ! Lay in bed snuggled under a blankie most of the day. I have zero energy and its so heavy I am afraid to move around much.
  • archaichoney
    archaichoney Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Lol, I got mine the second I stepped into the gym today. While I get some lower back pain and cramps, I pop a Motrin and hit it like a beast.