Introduction - 100 down and 100 to go :)

Options
This is my first week at MFP, though I'm not at all new to the struggle with losing weight. I was originally on another fitness site (I don't know if I can name it here or not!) and I lost 42 pounds using that one, but I got a Fitbit recently and noticed that their calorie counts just didn't match up with my new Fitbit. Every time I had to look up food, I ended up checking the database here anyway, so... I figured I'd take the step and try this place out. I'm glad I did, as I like the atmosphere and support system here much better!

I'm 41 years old, married, no children. Stats are:

Height: 5'4"
Starting Weight: 343 lb. (Yes, really.)
Current Weight (1/1/14): 239 lb.
Goal Weight: 143 lb. (a total of 200 pounds lost)

I'm about halfway there, and I already know that I can do this. It's just a matter of keeping the momentum!

I went from couch potato to enthusiastic gym rat (well, sort of!). I love walking and do about 4 miles a day in addition to my workouts (currently 3 times a week). Previously, I only moved if I had to! I'm going through a LOT of changes right now, both physical and emotional, and it's hard sometimes. I'm very lucky in that I have excellent support from my husband (who has lost 50 pounds himself!). I am currently a graduate student who is doing the Master's program at Boston University entirely online!

I look forward to interaction with the community here. :)

Replies

• bettycrockernot
    Options
    WTG! You sound very motivated! I also love my fitbit to see how many steps I take a day. My goal is 10,000 a day. Feel free to friend me!