How Often Do You Eat Quest Bars?

Options

Replies

• _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I like the white chocolate raspberry except for the seeds. Also like cookie dough, double choc. chunk, lemon cream pie and strawberry cheesecake.

I can't eat them without microwaving them, though.

They're better in the toaster oven at about 300°F for a few minutes.
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't have a toaster oven..........

Haven't tried the PB&J yet. People do seem to like it.
  • jess135177
    jess135177 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I tried a few flavors, I'm not much of a sweets person so I wasn't a fan. As soon as they come out with quest protein potato chips I'm in!!
  • Iri_2
    Iri_2 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    2-3 a week. Usually as a post workout snack.
  • jkregers
    Options
    I had 7 a couple days ago....yesterday I had 4.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    3-4 a week. Usually my snack between breakfast & lunch or lunch & dinner. Hold me over pretty good.
    I usually stock up when GNC.com has their 30% off sales.
  • jamaraaron78
    Options
    I have one every morning for breakfast. I like the chocolate chip cookie dough flavor.
  • thinklivebefree
    thinklivebefree Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I don't because the ingredients are horrible!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I like the white chocolate raspberry except for the seeds. Also like cookie dough, double choc. chunk, lemon cream pie and strawberry cheesecake.

They totally melt and stick to the paper here. It sucks.

I'm surprised at the mention of GNC 30% sales though... Every time I've seen those, they jack up the prices of Quest bars so it's the same $25 as usual in the end.
  • arabianhorselover
    Options
    Seriously?
    I had 7 a couple days ago....yesterday I had 4.
  • arabianhorselover
    Options
    I don't buy from GNC. By the time you pay the membership fee, you're not saving anything.
  • arabianhorselover
    Options
    I envy you not being a sweets person! I love both sweets and chips!

I tried a few flavors, I'm not much of a sweets person so I wasn't a fan. As soon as they come out with quest protein potato chips I'm in!!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I don't buy from GNC. By the time you pay the membership fee, you're not saving anything.

I got it for free, lol.

And yeah, eating protein is easier when you're not a sweets person :p
  • bcf7683
    Options

They totally melt and stick to the paper here. It sucks.

I'm surprised at the mention of GNC 30% sales though... Every time I've seen those, they jack up the prices of Quest bars so it's the same $25 as usual in the end.

Sometimes they don't. You just have to watch each sale. The last sale they had I got a 3 box variety pack for $54 shipped, and I'm not a gold card member. Not bad if I say so myself!
  • bcf7683
    Options
    I don't because the ingredients are horrible!

What's so horrible about the ingredients....?

Chocolate Brownie Quest Bar:
    Protein Blend (Whey Protein Isolate, Milk Protein Isolate), Isomalto-Oligosaccharides* (100% Prebiotic Fiber) Almonds, Cocoa, Water, Natural Flavors, Sea Salt, Lo Han Guo, Sucralose

Besides the sucralose, which isn't a high concentration, most everything on that list is pronounceable and almost everyone recognizes the ingredients (maybe not Lo Han Guo, which is an exotic fruit-derived sweetener and Isomalto-Oligosaccharides, which is a prebiotic plant fiber)
  • amandamayle
    Options
    I typically eat them maybe 6x per week, sometimes I only eat half. I treat them as a dessert, but I really use them to boost up my protein after working out . I am a chocoholic, honestly, I love anything with sugar. We all know that sugar does not really help in weight loss so I've tried to give it up as much as possible. These are a good substitute for candy bars, cookies etc at least for me. I love the double chocolate chunk, and the cinnamon roll. They are a very expensive habit to get into. But when I look at it like this: I buy 2 boxes a month (they usually last me a little longer than a month but for math's sake) 2 boxes per month x 12 bars per box = 24 bars. It ends up costing roughly $2.25 per bar. That is less expensive than 3 doughnuts from the grocery store bakery, 1 package of cookies, 1 roll of refrigerated cookie dough, one box of freezer turnovers, etc. And it is 10x more nutritious and filling and have tons of protein and fiber :). So for me the $50 a month (roughly) is a much better option!
  • arabianhorselover
    Options
    I agree totally on the cost being worth it. If the protein and fiber help my health, and keep me from eating something less healthy instead, then it is worth it.
  • quiarga
    quiarga Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Never, I saw so much about them on here and got my gym to get them. Yuck, too much artificial sweetener taste.

Similar. "Once" - my wife said "I never want to taste anything like that ever again".

Exactly. I got a free one, and threw it away after a couple bites. It was disgusting! Never again, I say!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    They don't have artificial sweeteners as far as I know, but I understand if you don't like the taste... although the flavor makes a huge difference to me.

As someone who's pretty sensitive to the artificial sweetener flavor, I think a lot of them are tolerable (like the apple pie and strawberry cheese I don't even notice it in), but some, like the Double Chocolate Chunk taste so much like artificial sweetener they make me a little nauseated.