Protein powder!!

Options
124»

Replies

• cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    BSN lean dessert protein whipped vanilla cream. Amazing flavor. Does not have a "protein" taste at all. Prior to finding this stuff I wouldn't touch some of the others due to the smell. Highly recommend and not too expensive.
  • JordanInMT
    JordanInMT Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Check out a protein called "About Time." 100% whey protein isolates... and is reasonably priced.

100 kcal
    0g Fat
    <1g Carbs
    25g Protein

Also, figure that every gram of protein is 4kcal... so 100% of the calories come straight from protein.

tryabouttime.com
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I either like the Dymatize Elite XT Choc Fudge powder with lactose free milk,Matcha Green Tea, and Seedless Cherries. Or else I like the Trutein Cinnabun one with Coffee instead of milk and Matcha Green Tea powder. That one tastes like a Cinnabon Shake if you mix it with coffee.
  • WarrenMrFitBloom
    Options
    I love the Pea Protein. It is not well know but one of the most efficient protein sources out there. Three main reason I recommend are
    1. Natural, vegan protein source.
    2. Easier for the body to utilize. You utilize a higher % of the protein in the powder
    3.Better to digest

Here is a link that gives a good breakdown on it. I have not use many of the brands as "Prescribed Choice" has been great for me.

http://www.ultrafitnessdynamics.com/233/the-surprising-benefits-of-pea-protein/

Peace,
    Warren "MrFit" Bloom
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I use Whey Protein Chocolate powder in my steel cut oats and greek yogurt and love it!! :bigsmile:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I have optimum nutrition in milk chocolate and I like it! I've tried other brands and they made me gag (designer whey, body fortress)

That's the one I like the best, too, extreme milk chocolate. Look online, because some places charge $99 for a 5 lb container, and some charge $50ish. I really loved Muscle Milk light chocolate peanut butter, I can't remember why I stopped buying it. Price maybe.
  • judyde
    judyde Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    bump
  • AprilJG79
    AprilJG79 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Bump for reference for shopping.
  • JordanInMT
    Options
    I have optimum nutrition in milk chocolate and I like it! I've tried other brands and they made me gag (designer whey, body fortress)

That's the one I like the best, too, extreme milk chocolate. Look online, because some places charge $99 for a 5 lb container, and some charge $50ish. I really loved Muscle Milk light chocolate peanut butter, I can't remember why I stopped buying it. Price maybe.

5lb tub of ON Gold Standard is on sale at GNC for $56.99... few more bucks off with a Gold Card.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

5lb tub of ON Gold Standard is on sale at GNC for $56.99... few more bucks off with a Gold Card.

I just got it for $53.99 on soap.com with free shipping! Sounds like a weird place to buy protein powder, I know. I don't have a GNC Gold Card. :(
  • JordanInMT
    Options

I just got it for $53.99 on soap.com with free shipping! Sounds like a weird place to buy protein powder, I know. I don't have a GNC Gold Card. :(

Not a bad deal! Figure, depending on the flavor you typically get 70+ servings... so that is way less than $1 a scoop for a good quality whey.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

Not a bad deal! Figure, depending on the flavor you typically get 70+ servings... so that is way less than $1 a scoop for a good quality whey.

I noticed the serving size in grams is a little more for the extreme milk chocolate than the rich chocolate. Those are the only two I've tried so far.
  • manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    International Protein WPI or Bulk Nutrients WPI.
  • JordanInMT
    Options

I noticed the serving size in grams is a little more for the extreme milk chocolate than the rich chocolate. Those are the only two I've tried so far.

I'm not entirely sure why... the french vanilla is the best bang for your buck though at 77 servings!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

I'm not entirely sure why... the french vanilla is the best bang for your buck though at 77 servings!

I haven't found a vanilla I like, so I shy away from that flavor. Especially paying that much for it. Good thing there's always pudding mix to make it taste better! :bigsmile:
  • JordanInMT
    Options

I haven't found a vanilla I like, so I shy away from that flavor. Especially paying that much for it. Good thing there's always pudding mix to make it taste better! :bigsmile:

Vanilla is pretty hit/miss. Fortunately, it mixes with just about everything!
  • nightshutter
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition is the best! I have the double chocolate - pretty tasty, the Cookies & Cream - love it!, and the Vanilla Ice Cream - seriously when mixed w/a little skim milk it tastes just like ice cream! Has a great carb to protein ratio as well.

This is what I use if I'm having a shake. I always try to get my protein from eating high protein foods. If I'm low for the day that's when I use the shake.
  • emergencyninja
    emergencyninja Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I use MotherSOY Soy protein w/ fiber.
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    I use Optimum Nutrition - Performance 100% Whey Isolate Vanilla and Body Fortress Whey Protein Peanut Butter Chocolate.
  • LessThnLaura
    Options
    Designer Whey in French Vanilla is my go to. It doesn't taste like *kitten* and it gets the job done.