Problems dealing with Gynecomastia

Options
I suffer from a mild case of Gynecomastia, so I always have a hard time taking my shirt off in front of people. I've usually been in good shape, and when I wasn't I was "skinny fat." Even now, I am at 10.2% body fat, and I still can't get myself to take my shirt off in front of peers, and only occasionally in front of my family. One solution I've found online for correcting this is to workout, build muscle, lose fat, etc. But nothing seems to be getting better. I can get surgery, but since I'm 20, finding $5k is a little tough, and insurance doesn't help because it's cosmetic. I've been dealing with this for around 6-7 years, and I just want to find a solution. Anyone else have the same problem? And has anyone found a way to fix it?

Replies

• uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Fortunately (and unfortunately) my man-boob issue had always been just fat. Your best best bet is to pack on muscle and just accept your body as what it is. Most people honestly don't notice what other people look like because they are too busy worrying about what they look like themselves.

Eat more and lift heavy weights.