Time of Day

What time of a day do you notice that you're meals are more calorie dense? Or do you tend to spread it out as much as possible. And why?

I tend to want to eat a lot at dinner no matter how much i've eaten throughout the day so i'm learning to curb that.

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    I pretty much eat a big breakfast, smaller lunch (sometimes) and a decent dinner and snacks...

My breakfast can be as much at 1k calories if I am eating it later but usually right around 500.
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Meal sizing/timing is a very personal thing. It is completely up to what makes you feel best and what you can stick to. I tend to eat the most in the evenings (typically over half my calories are spent in the evening). As far as from a weight loss standpoint, it is irrelevant. Just maintain a calorie deficit :)
  • mindidily
    mindidily Posts: 196 Member
    During the work week, I like eating a small breakfast and lunch so that I can eat a lot for dinner. I also do this because I get bored at work and eat a lot then, too (little things like fruit and veggie from my lunch box). On the weekends, I like huge breakfasts a little later in the morning, skip lunch and a decent dinner with room for a beer or two or maybe a good snack.
  • veganbettie
    veganbettie Posts: 701 Member
    I know it doesn't matter much on weight loss, but I was just curious in terms of what satisfies different people, and for basic ideas.

I haven't been consistent enough with this type of weight loss plan to figure out a way that works for me and actually keeps me happy and not hungry....I know it's something that I'll need to figure out for myself but I was just interested! ;)
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Keeping fats and proteins high seems to keep me satisfied longer than other things. That's something to look for as well ;)
  • sweetnlow30
    sweetnlow30 Posts: 497 Member
    Meal sizing/timing is a very personal thing. It is completely up to what makes you feel best and what you can stick to. I tend to eat the most in the evenings (typically over half my calories are spent in the evening). As far as from a weight loss standpoint, it is irrelevant. Just maintain a calorie deficit :)

I agree 100%. I always skip breakfast, have a light lunch, maybe a small afternoon snack then the rest of my calories are divided between dinner and bedtime. It works for me!
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    As for meals, dinner tends to be the most when it comes to calories. However, that being said, I tend to use a majority of my calories on nightly snacks. I am a nighttime snacker and have learned that I just need to save most of my calories for that time. Works great for me!
  • jess135177
    jess135177 Posts: 186 Member
    During the weekdays my meals are pretty equal, during the weekends I typically have 1 large meal around 2 or 3.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    I consume the vast majority (generally 2/3 or more) of my calories between 10pm and midnight. That's when I'm hungry, that's when I eat.
  • veganbettie
    veganbettie Posts: 701 Member
    seems like i'm in good company then with the wanting to eat later in the day. :) I think i'll start saving calories for later. And for wine. :)

Weekends are really weird for me, I tend to eat 1 big meal and then 1 or 2 tiny snacks, and that big meal is always out to eat...