What is "Clean Eating"?

Options
I see that question come up a lot in the forums and it often leads to big arguments and silly gifs about washing your food before you eat it. Anyway, here's a great explanation:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/23/health/clean-eating/index.html?hpt=he_c2

ps. "clean eating" isn't worth it if you start to become obsessive or stressed about it. That's counter-productive to your health.

Replies

• jenn26point2
    jenn26point2 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    In... This is a good article, but I know it's going to get crazy in here... lol
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    In... because I like the .gifs!
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    It seems to mean different things to different people but I think most people mean whole, naturally-raised food (i.e., raised without a lot of synthetic fertilizers and pesticides) without additives (including sugar and other "flavor enhancers"). Some would go a step further and say that it must be organic to be considered "clean".

Often, "clean" has come to mean without dangerous chemicals. Interestingly, I got an email today from Method natural cleaners (I love the brand and I get their newsletters to get coupons). They speak of "dirty chemicals" that other manufacturers use that they will never use in their products--which clean in a "clean" way.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    in for the gif's!!!!