bloated

Options
I've been here for about 2 months now and at first I was seeing great results: healthy amounts of weight lost, only 1 pound per week, eating habit changes, many small meals instead of few big ones, less bingeing, starting to eat healthier overall, muscle tone, etc. Well I've had a ridiculous amount of bloating lately and it just makes me feel fat and depressed all over again! It hides the ab definition I was beginning to see poke through!
I've tried the last week to go up and down a tad with the calories to "jump start" my metabolism like I've heard other people on here talk about but I don't think that's working, or I'm not doing it right I guess. I don't eat a ton of processed stuff anymore, I can't live without it but I'm really trying. What could be happening??
What's the point of losing weight and working out if my stomach is going to be distended enough to give me a belly anyway?! I wouldn't be any worse off just eating whatever the heck I wanted :sad:

Replies

• nik433
    nik433 Posts: 57
    Options
    I've been here for about 2 months now and at first I was seeing great results: healthy amounts of weight lost, only 1 pound per week, eating habit changes, many small meals instead of few big ones, less bingeing, starting to eat healthier overall, muscle tone, etc. Well I've had a ridiculous amount of bloating lately and it just makes me feel fat and depressed all over again! It hides the ab definition I was beginning to see poke through!
    I've tried the last week to go up and down a tad with the calories to "jump start" my metabolism like I've heard other people on here talk about but I don't think that's working, or I'm not doing it right I guess. I don't eat a ton of processed stuff anymore, I can't live without it but I'm really trying. What could be happening??
    What's the point of losing weight and working out if my stomach is going to be distended enough to give me a belly anyway?! I wouldn't be any worse off just eating whatever the heck I wanted :sad:
  • dukech1
    dukech1 Posts: 4
    Options
    Do not dispare, My wife and I have been using MFP for four months. We lost a lot of weight at first. Then we hit the PLATEAU. Been there off and on for three weeks, depends on your age and calorie intake. Never give up! You can win!
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Don't give up I have been on mfp for two months and fell off the wagon just this past weekend and had to get back on. Your body and mind might be playing tricks on you just to go back to old habits. :explode: Stay on track. Find motivation in the message boards Read Read Read lol

:flowerforyou:
  • thegirlwholived
    thegirlwholived Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Are you eating more fiber? That can make some people bloated. Also, make sure you drink enough water.