Looking for Couch to 5K jogging buddy

Options
Hi. I'm in the process of losing weight. I just lost 16 pounds recently. I am starting to jog with the couch to 5k program. It slowly builds to only jogging every day for 30 minutes, so you don't have to be wonderful jogging.

My friends that can exercise with me don't want to exercise at all, and my friends who want to exercise don't have the time. It's a three times a week program. I'm looking for someone close because I live in Ridge and someone around my age.

As for how fit I am, I am going to keep up the pace just fine ,and I won't leave my jogging partner behind. I've run .8 of a mile without stopping.

I'll stop there. It's starting to sound like a dating profile. Lol. Let me know if you're interested or if you'll give it a try.

Khianna

Replies

• FatKidAtHeart88
    FatKidAtHeart88 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    We could be virtual couch to 5k buddies. I am finishing up week three now. Feel free to add me :)
  • leannraya
    leannraya Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I can be your virtual buddy :) I've done it a few times in the past, but never really getting past the 3rd day because I hated going to the gym. I have a treadmill set up in my bedroom now so I love working out at night. I did week 1 day 1 last night and I felt great. Feel free to add me :) I update my diary daily including the C25K results :)
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    I love the c25k :) I started in September and made it through week 5 before I started thinking it was too cold to run. Now I can't WAIT to get back into it...supposed to be a heat wave here tomorrow, 27 degrees so I'll be out there back in week 1!
  • mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I'm up for virtual C25K buddy! I live across the pond though so being an actual running buddy would be difficult......
  • votkuhr
    votkuhr Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I'll be your virtual jogging buddy! We can work towards finishing a 5 KM jog/run strong. :)

I'm already running 3 times a week and finishing them with weights / abs, so hopefully I can motivate you to do the same. :flowerforyou:
  • kbolton322
    kbolton322 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I'm up for having a virtual C25K running buddy... I was planning on starting tonight... friend me if you would like..
  • PrettyLittleLiar79
    Options
    I just did this last fall and did my first ever 5k in October. I just got my gym membership and starting the program again. I am trying for two 5Ks this summer. Anyone wanting a virtual buddy, feel free to add me. :happy:
  • mrsjones2point0
    mrsjones2point0 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    A C25K group just started here. . . you should join us. You can also add me, and ignore the fact I'm having a bad day today, I'm usually much more positive and happy.

I'm about to start week 4. . . I'm intimidated, but going to do it tomorrow. I was supposed to start today, but overslept :(

So TOMORROW IT IS!
  • Lmsciera22
    Options
    If you all are still with it I'd love some virtual C25k buddies. I'm struggling with week 3 day 3 I can't seem to complete this workout without feeling like I'm dying by the end of the running portion... Feel free to add me
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    If you all are still with it I'd love some virtual C25k buddies. I'm struggling with week 3 day 3 I can't seem to complete this workout without feeling like I'm dying by the end of the running portion... Feel free to add me

Try running slower :) Even if you feel like you could walk faster than you're running, just go at a slow, sustainable pace. There's no reason to run super fast especially in the beginning. You can do it!