Help! Water weight? freaking out, need support!

Options
I am a breastfeeding mom who has been losing 2lbs a week for the last 15 weeks without working out. I was pre-pregnancy weight before week 11. So when I went on vacation over labor day weekend I didn't think I needed to eat that healthy since I have been losing 2lbs a week. I ate some healthy food but most was sugary and and high sodium. I weighed myself yesterday and weighed 4lbs heavier then before I left! I think it is water weight. Do any of you agree? And if this has happened to you how long did it take for the water weight to go away? Even though I don't work out, I work really hard at eating a set amount of calories a day so I feel like that work was for nothing. awwwww

Replies

• BOGmama2010
    BOGmama2010 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Since you said it was high sodium, yes it was probably water weight. Make sure that you drink 8 glasses of water and stick to your calories. I don't have a good time frame for when it should be gone though. You may want to consider adding some exercise, the results are so beneficial and as you have seen with your sudden weight gain, it is easier to have long term results when you combine exercise and diet and not just rely on one or the other.
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    Yes, it sounds like it was water weight. Drink plenty of water and it should be gone in a few days. I agree with the pp that you might want to look into adding exercise... even if you wait a few months until you are getting some more sleep or bf'ing less. :) That will help with adding in some more healthy habits for when you don't have that calorie boost that you get from bf''ing.
  • Paige1108
    Paige1108 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    In order for it to be actual fat weight gain, you will have had to have eaten 20,300 calories in those 3 days. I feel that math is firmly on your side. Unless you did not share a serious food fest in your post, I think this maybe water retention from the added sugar and sodium. How did I get this number.

I guested your maintenance calories to be around 1600 per day/ based on your picture.
    You get 500 calories a day for breast feeding.
    and a lbs of fat needs 3500 calories to be created.

Get back on track and I bet you see those 4lbs go away during the week. I hope you had a great weekend.