Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Another protein thread

I'm also having trouble with my protein goals. I saw in the other thread people were talking about 1g/1lb fat (or similar ratios). MFP has my protein set to 66 and my carbs set to 164. I assume that's grams, but maybe I'm missing something. Assuming that MFP is tracking by the gram, I'm having a hard time meeting even the 66. I like red meat and dairy products, but rarely eat chicken, and I can't stand having -just- eggs. I like my eggs baked into carbs, which is not helpful to me.

What do you all suggest for me?

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    66 is low too... you should have more.

Protein powder is a nice addition to yogurts or oatmeal. Or if you like sweet food, protein bars are great.

Otherwise - meat, fish, shrimp, cheese, Greek yogurt, beans... Chicken is really the best though. Is there any reason you don't eat it? It's cheap too.
  • DamianaKitten
    DamianaKitten Posts: 479 Member
    I've added in protein powder for the days I do heavy activity. I've been trying to add in more beans, and I eat yogurt and other dairy products pretty frequently. I just don't care for chicken, and I can't stand sea food. I eat chicken on occasion, but I can't imagine eating it every day.
  • DamianaKitten
    Also, is there a way to reset what MFP has listed for what my goals should be? I feel like I should be swapping the carb number for the protein number.
  • lynleeg88
    lynleeg88 Posts: 104 Member
    Also, is there a way to reset what MFP has listed for what my goals should be? I feel like I should be swapping the carb number for the protein number.

There is a way, but now I can't recall how
  • Go to MY HOME and select GOALS. It will give you the option to manually set goals.
  • rejectuf
    rejectuf Posts: 487 Member
    If you are doing at least moderate exercise, you should probably be eating a lot more protein. I know for men the recommendation is 1g of protein for every pound you weigh, not sure if it's slightly lower for women.

A high quality whey protein mix is a good way to raise your protein intake. You not enjoying poultry and seafood definitely hinders your ability to get enough protein. I guess do a good mix of lean beef/pork as your protein options. How about non-meat sources of protein? Tofu or tempeh might work alright for your needs. Don't overdo it on the soy stuff though.
  • shafa4321
    shafa4321 Posts: 132 Member
    try quest bar 20 gram protein 170 kcal
  • DamianaKitten
    Thank you. I went ahead and modified my macros a bit. Now I'm just left figuring out how to get even more protein into my diet. <_<