Question about Gymboss Interval Timer

Gerkenstein
Gerkenstein Posts: 315 Member
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
I would really like to get an interval timer and have heard wonderful things about the Gymboss. I checked their website though and it says "1 or 2 intervals" and I see that I can repeat that interval up to 99 times. I understand this to mean if I want to walk for 4 minutes then jog for 1 minute and repeat for 45 minutes, it will do this. But what if the intervals are different amounts? If I do a set of 45 seconds, 30 seconds, then 15 seconds with 10 second rests in between each, will I have to reset this timer between each set? I'm concerned since it says "1 or 2 intervals".

If I would have to reset it in between, can someone recommend a timer that is capable of what I'm looking for?

Replies

• You can't do two separate round times, by 2 intervals it just means, Interval 1 is 10 seconds, this is your rest period. Interval 2 is 20 seconds, this is your work period. This completes 1 round of intervals. You would need two separate gymboss timers to do what you're asking, or another timer that is perhaps more advanced.
  • If I'm undestanding your question right, I don't believe it will do what you are asking without you resetting it. I don't have my GymBoss right in front of me; however, based on how I use it, it does not allow you to have two completely different interval sets. For instance, I use mine for Tabata very often, so I do 20-30 seconds of exercise, with a 10 second rest - those are my two intervals. Make sense?

If I wanted to switch to times outside of those, I would need to set that up again with what I wanted. I may want to do weights for 45 seconds to 1 minute with a 15 second rest. I know this might seem like a pain; however, it is very easy and fast to program the Gymboss. You could easily do this in less than a minute - so it shouldn't prove to be much of an issue.

I hope this helps.. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my Gymboss! Even if it does not do everything you want it to, it will still make a big difference in keeping you on task. Well worth the $10.00, plus shipping and handling.

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.