Hello, It's Me.

Options
I started my running program two-and-a-half weeks ago today and have lost 6 pounds since then. All the advice I've been given lately for losing weight recommends keeping a food journal, so I found this site two days ago and am logging in my every meal, snack, etc. Very enlightening!

I genuinely enjoy my morning runs and expect to integrate them into my lifestyle forever, maybe start training for 5Ks and stuff as the months progress. I'm also interested in joining a local gym pretty soon, get some muscle tone and development started before I get too old.

I'm here daily to update my food journal and track my eats. If my enthusiasm level drops, hopefully I'll find encouragement and inspiration here from like-minded folks.

Keep taking care, everyone.

Replies

• missouri_rain
    missouri_rain Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome, good luck on your journey
  • JillTwiss
    JillTwiss Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You've got good goals and a good attitude so you'll do great I'm sure. :)
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP! Congratulations on your decision to get fit. You sound very determined, and that's great! You'll find everyone on this site to be very positive, encouraging and motivating. Feel free to friend request me if you'd like. :)

Also, if you're on Facebook, please feel free to check out the group I created over there, called Motivation. Many positive, encouraging people over that way, too! http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=268180696780&ref=ts

Best wishes on your fitness journey!

~ Chandra
  • lisalynn35
    lisalynn35 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    That's great, I don't run if something's chasing me. Welcome to MFP, I hope you find it as useful a tool as I do. Best of luck to you!