Any cosplayers/costume enthusiasts on here?

Options
Hi, everyone! I was wondering it any of you on here are into costuming at all? I love cosplay and one of my motivations for weight loss is to dress up like certain characters that I love. :) How about you?

Replies

• tabbyxxcat
    tabbyxxcat Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Same here!!!! I would like to be able to dress up or down on some cool cosplays without worrying about my fat sticking out from dresses and such :laugh:
    The Japanese just have to make their characters so tiny ;p I swear the best cosplayers look so accurate because they match the physical part so well
    Sending a friend request your way ^^
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    One of my goals is finally being able to wear Princess Leia's metal bikini to a convention! I have long dreamed of that day. :laugh:

Good luck!
  • mandapanda1672
    mandapanda1672 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Same here! lol What kinds of characters do you want to dress up as?
  • mandapanda1672
    Options
    It looks like you're close to your goal! Keep it up!
  • UmmSqueaky
    UmmSqueaky Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    I started to cosplay last year. Prior to that, I had stringently avoided having any pictures taken of me. But if you're in costume at a con, it's hard to avoid the camera, so I got a huge wakeup call. Currently getting in shape to cosplay!
  • mandapanda1672
    Options
    Yeah lots of people will take your photo at a convention. :P I'm sure that you can do it! :D
  • princessrisariri
    princessrisariri Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Need to order some cosplays for kitacon but I have no idea what size I will be by the time they arrive in a month!
    Need to order soon or wont be here in time for the convention.

Eep do I order them a couple inches smaller all over and hope i lose it, or order them my size now and risk them being baggy and falling off.

The bust area is my worst concern, because if too loose fall down, too tight squishy no breathy quad boob!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I started copslaying while I was obese and continued through my weight loss into a normal BMI. While I would advocate that cosplaying is something that should be acceptable at any weight, cosplaying while in a normal BMI was a very different (and more positive) experience for me.

But, then again, making the costumes was always as much fun for me as wearing them.
  • xSirensSong
    xSirensSong Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone! I was wondering it any of you on here are into costuming at all? I love cosplay and one of my motivations for weight loss is to dress up like certain characters that I love. :) How about you?

YES!

Ohmuhgeeze, this is a dream of mine. Mine are mostly of LoL characters ~ Syndra, Exiled Morgana, a sexy Super Teemo. Yes. Yes puhleeze!
  • oywiththepoodlesalready
    Options
    I would LOVE to cosplay. It's a pretty big motivator for me to lose weight so I can cosplay Asuna from SAO. If you look on my friends list you'll find quite a few others interested in it as well. Feel free to add me or any of them:)
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Yes!!! One of my biggest motivations is cosplay! I have a huge list of characters I wana go as :D
  • MagJam2004
    MagJam2004 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best wishes to all of ya'll!

While cosplay itself isn't a big motivator for me, I am incredibly interested in LARP and other medieval recreation. Just hard to see myself rocking the leather armor look without the warrior physique to go along with it.
  • WonderCort
    WonderCort Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Yes, of course! And Bump.
  • agataarchangel
    agataarchangel Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I've done the Lara Croft thing....and that was SO much fun!
  • theoncomingstorm60
    Options
    If I lost some weight and had the extra money, I would love to do something Doctor Who related.
  • MsNialyte
    MsNialyte Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I want to dress up for Dragoncon this year. Although I usually dress up for Halloween, this will be my first Con. I'm not exactly sure what I want to do, but since I will be there for 4 days, may do different costumes.

I was thinking Korra from Legend of Korra, Harley Quinn or Poison Ivy, Darth Malefecent, or some Steam Punk. I need to lose some weight so I can rock whatever I decide!

My old standby is Goth Vampire.
  • ArchangelMJ
    ArchangelMJ Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Yes, I LOVE cosplay! Okay, so the only "character" I've cosplayed is Michael Jackson, but I also want to do some really slutty female characters that I don't feel comfortable with cosplaying right now, lol!

Cosplay is definitely one of my motivations behind losing weight and getting fitter. Even with just cosplaying Michael, he was SO tiny that I don't feel as confidant as I'd like to in my current body.
  • DoctahJenn
    DoctahJenn Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    My husband and I do Ren Faire every year in costume, and once a year we go to a relatively small gathering for a costume party we fondly call GeeXmas. :D

Well. I was posting images, but apparently... they came out huge. :P So nevermind.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I want to dress up for Dragoncon this year. Although I usually dress up for Halloween, this will be my first Con. I'm not exactly sure what I want to do, but since I will be there for 4 days, may do different costumes.

I was thinking Korra from Legend of Korra, Harley Quinn or Poison Ivy, Darth Malefecent, or some Steam Punk. I need to lose some weight so I can rock whatever I decide!

My old standby is Goth Vampire.

I've been going to Dragon*Con for a decade now and all of those characters would fit in really well. Most of us bring multiple costumes for the convention (I know people who change 2 or 3 times a day!) so pick your favorites!
  • UmmSqueaky
    UmmSqueaky Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Need to order some cosplays for kitacon but I have no idea what size I will be by the time they arrive in a month!
    Need to order soon or wont be here in time for the convention.

This is my current conundrum. My seamstress lives right across the street. Super convenient! But she requires a 3 month period to work on your costume. The one she did for me last year was a disaster :/ I went in for my measurements right before a really stressful time at work (stress at work = overeating on my part and no exercise). When it came time for the fitting 2 months later, it was too small *cries* She could luckily make it larger, but that was a horrible experience.

This year, I'm hoping for the opposite. I plan to 15 lbs further down when I go in for my initial measurements in April, but then who knows what will happen over the next 3 months?? Plus, I want to do the new Ms. Marvel, provided I get down to at least the halfway point of my weight loss. But who knows if that will happen before I have to do the commission. Argh!