Health Magazines

My boyfriend and I are both interested in subscribing to health/fitness magazines.
I have had Self in the past and it was ok, but I would prefer to try something new. I'm thinking about Women's Health. Does anyone have opinions about it?
Also, for you men, is Men's Health good, or is there a better one? My bf is already in great shape and wants to build more muscle. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Replies

• lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    My boyfriend and I are both interested in subscribing to health/fitness magazines.
    I have had Self in the past and it was ok, but I would prefer to try something new. I'm thinking about Women's Health. Does anyone have opinions about it?
    Also, for you men, is Men's Health good, or is there a better one? My bf is already in great shape and wants to build more muscle. Any thoughts would be appreciated!
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    I get Womens Health and I love it. Lots of great info:flowerforyou:
  • amylynne26
    amylynne26 Posts: 195 Member
    love Women's Health! I get e-mail newsletters from them too in addition to the mag. My husband loves Men's Health they complement each other very well, lot of the same features, etc. I always read my husband's too! Veeerrrrrry nice pictures :blushing:
  • wattsam1
    wattsam1 Posts: 95
    Shape is a great magazine.
  • ellelit
    ellelit Posts: 806 Member
    i get them all. for "fitness" i would say oxygen or women's health, for more healthy living i would get better health or heath and for little bit of fitness and a whole lot of beauty/fashion/travel, go for self, fitness or shape.

walking magazine was my favourite, but i can't seem to find it anymore. also love sports illustrated for women, but it was cancelled.

also, for good comprehensive guides, prevention puts out book-like magasines a few times a year, they are very helpful.
  • mickie
    mickie Posts: 183
    I like OXYGEN and FITNESS magazines. My husband likes MENS HEALTH.
  • Omni2463
    Omni2463 Posts: 36
    if you want a really good magazine that is mostly about fitness, get SHAPE!!! It's the best, women's health has a lot of other wish wash, fitness is ok but there's not much to them (so thin), self is ok too but i am health magazine snob lol,and i'd say get SHAPE!!!
  • edyta
    edyta Posts: 258
    Shape is a great magazine.

True :smile:
    You can go to their website and have a look www.shape.com
  • skiski
    skiski Posts: 173 Member
    womens health is my fave...love it and have to hunt high and low for it in uk...well where I live!!!
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Men's health is pretty good. My wife actually reads it as much as I do. IMHO it has better training routines then Women's health (I'll glance at the wife's magazine if it's lying around). The articles are cheezier, and the amount of protein shake advertisements and muscle building powders is almost laughable, but other then that, it's pretty good. I love the interviews they give. Generally the guys in Hollywood don't follow those same crazy diets as the women, so the celebrity articles on guys are usually pretty decent.