The Stairs Whooped Me

Options
I thought jogging up & down the stairs would bore me so I chose the least amount of time that would take to earn an activity point in my weight loss group. That time was 4 minutes. That is a short amount of time but the stairs got the better of me. I kept up the tempo the whole 4 minutes and possibly could have pushed it to 6. How pathetic does that sound? :( I'm gonna keep doing it though. I'm going to do it again after I get home from the boys' speech therapist appointment. It's hard to see how out of shape I am. It doesn't feel good at all but I'll still do it.
It's ok if no one posts I just needed to vent.

Replies

• christina1109
    Options
    Good Job. Good for you. It's ok and recommended to start slow. 4 minutes is a LONG time to do stairs. Be proud of yourself.
  • tierra85
    tierra85 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    thats impressive if you ask me :smile: my last job site was a high rise and in the winter when the skips were down just walking up to the 41th floor kicked my butt! I couldn't run stairs.. they scare me now lol
  • Buccinator
    Options
    Don't push yourself too hard, because that's not good, but if you feel like you can safely keep up with it do, because before too long, four minutes is gonna be easy as (dare I say it?) pie.

And just remember our dear friend Donkey from Shrek. :happy:

Don't mess wit' me. I'm the Stair Master. I've mastered the stairs. I wish I had a step right here, right now, I'd step all over it.
  • angieskia
    angieskia Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Aww thank you. Four Minutes just doesn't sound like a long time but you definitely made me feel better. And 41 floors is a lot.
  • baby_becks
    Options
    :laugh: haha.... made me larf!
  • JillTwiss
    JillTwiss Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Four minutes isn't a long time, but when you're doing something as strenuous as running up stairs, then I'm sure it seems like a really long time!
    Don't be so hard on yourself, you're doing great! You're doing more than I am, that's for sure. :laugh:
  • baby_becks
    Options
    Sorry! was lauging in the reference to the shrek donkey, "I'm the stairmaster!!"... 4 mins is fab!! keep it up hun xx