Bad Bread

Options
I feel like bread is my downfall. Quite often I eat it because its there. If I was the only person in this house I just wouldnt buy it. What can I do to stop myself being drawn to it?

Replies

• summergirl212
    summergirl212 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Depending on what you use bread for I really like sandwich things. They have 100 calories for both pieces and you can use it for sandwiches or toast and its only half the calories. You could also try keeping it in the freezer so that it takes effort to defrost it to be able to eat it.
  • jayjay12345654321
    jayjay12345654321 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Though bread isn't bad, I understand we all can have too much of a good thing. Is it overtaking your calories and leaving you deficient in other stuff, like protein and fat?
  • CaliforniaAJ
    CaliforniaAJ Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I make my own bread, as my husband and I are both gluten intolerant. I make yummy things like sundried tomato bread at least 3 times a week! Each loaf makes about 12 slices at 114 calories a slice.

I make sure just to have 1 slice a week, and I pick different flavors from the rotation. That way he gets the bread he wants and it's quite healthy, and I get a taste once a week.

I would of course prefer he not eat bread either, but he is a very picky eater and if I bribe him with bread, I can get him to eat vegetables :-)

I have my fridge stocked with yummy fresh salad ingredients and I ask myself would I rather have a half of a sandwich, or a whole bowl of salad? Put them side by side.....The salad always wins!