Any crafters here ??

Options
I'm a beader and I'm getting into metals/welding work. I love love love pinterest AND I NEED TO LOSE WAIT.. I'm fairly new and could use a awesome group of friends on here. I tend to go good for three weeks then quit

Replies

• kcastill1
    Options
    Hi! I'm Kathleen and I am also a beader, I just love anything related to craft. I would be happy to chat with you once in a while we can be the craft buddies ;)

I need to do something like right now... I was 188lbs (Way Over Weight). Lost 40lbs did a figure competition got 2nd place in 2008 and now I'm back worst than when I started ... I can't keep going like this... I don't know how to motivate myself and stick to it..... I just can't stick to it... I always end-up cheating and giving-up... I am so sick of this pattern. Arrrrrggggrrrr.

I pray that this time is the right time, I don't want to get sick.

:) Kat!
  • Shahelene
    Shahelene Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Yes where is the happy medium, it's just so tough I think. I'm really that person who grows impatient with the whole process
  • nainajulka
    nainajulka Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am keen on craft always and paint too. No beading but all other sorts (paper, canvas, furniture, DIY etc.) Always up for friends and motivation :) count me in!
  • leannabseven
    leannabseven Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I'm also a beader; the husband unit does the metal work. Nice to meet some other crafters. :)
  • Goal179
    Goal179 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I'm a hard core scrapbooker and painter. My daughter (nine) makes jewelry. Friend me if you want.
  • leannabseven
    leannabseven Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I started with 128 pounds to lose. I think I've got about 85 to go. And I have lost some and gained it all back. I just got tired of "dieting" and would give up. But I've accepted a hard truth that has really helped me. That is that this is not something I can fix and then it's all over and life goes back to "normal".

I had to accept that the choices I was making in relation to my food and activity choices were not realistic. Healthy people do not behave the way I did. So I took the position of "parenting myself". So I didn't grow up learning to eat right or exercise regularly...tough. That is not an excuse not to do it now. When you know better, you do better. I had the first part of that down, but wasn't accepting the rest. Now I just try to do better, and I have accepted that that's just the way it's always going to be.

And you know...one thing I found out after I made this decision is that the stress associated with "dieting" and trying to "be good" is gone. I don't have a deadline. I just try to do my best every day...one day at a time.
  • Paspenka
    Options
    I knit, sew, and make soaps, candles, lip balms, and occasionally lotions. Honestly, my biggest obstacle to getting in shape is how much I hate to take time away from crafting, lol.
  • stormydestiny
    Options
    I do a little of everything...my favorites are probably drawing/painting, crochet, scrap booking/smash booking, and making home made beauty crap lol. I really want to learn to weld and blow glass though so i think that might be my next adventure. I am hopelessly addicted to pintrest my to do list is ridiculous, but that could just be because im a dreamer. I have got quite a bit of weight to lose but so far I'm down 41 lbs. It has been hard because results arent immediate but i am happy to have made it this far. anyone can add if they want. can never have too much support