What do you eat on your diet?

Options
like can someone give me brief info. about what they eat for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or snack because i don't know what to put down. kinda ran out of ideas

Replies

• bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    You can eat anything you want, as long as it fits into your calories for the day.
    That's what I do.

My diary is open if you need ideas. :smile:
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever I want..because I'm not "on a diet". I try to make healthy choices, and stay within my calorie goals...but I eat anything I want.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    DIEt ? I'm not familiar with a DIEt. I'm however, familiar with LIFEstyle changes.
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    one of the best things I did for myself was to focus on what i SHOULD eat, not what I shouldn't .

Pick 3 new things until they become habit then add one or two until they become habit and keep going with small sustainable changes.

Here I my goals... haven't come close to hitting them consistently yet.

EVERYDAY:
    a green salad,
    a green veg,
    some other type of veg, (Yellow: carrots, sweet potatoes, White: eggplant, cauliflower, potatoes, Red: beets... etc.)
    some berries,
    a piece of fruit,
    a small handful of nuts and

TWICE A WEEK:
    A legume based meal
    A fish based meal (I know not a veg)

ONCE A WEEK:
    A mushroom based meal.

All nutrient dense options, which will reduce cravings...
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    my diary is open to anyone, so feel free to take a look …

I eat pretty much anything I want as long as I hit my macro target and stay in deficit or at maintenance for the day…
  • mypersonalfitnessjourney
    Options
    I eat real, whole, unprocessed foods like our ancestors used to eat - eggs, bacon, vegetables, berries, nuts/seeds, fish, grass-fed beef, meat, butter, coconut oil, etc. I limit my processed foods, limit my daily carb intake, and do not eat wheat or sugar.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    like can someone give me brief info. about what they eat for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or snack because i don't know what to put down. kinda ran out of ideas

Do you have dietary restrictions? Knowing that would help in making suggestions.

As for me... I eat what I like in moderation.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    My dairy is open, have missed a few days logging because I went away where there was no phone/internet but go back a week and you will get an idea...it is pretty boring to say the least.

These links are useful...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/817188-iifym

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/820577-meal-frequency-rev-up-that-furnace-lol
  • callas444
    callas444 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I eat lots of crock pot meals like soups and chicken dishes. If you look online you can find great recipes for your healthy new lifestyle. Keep in mind you can eat what you used to eat, just smaller portions and add extra veggies to fill you up. Eating food you like will help you keep your healthy lifestyle forever. Remember, diets fail. The only way to change forever is to ... well, change forever!
    Be sure to check the recipe board for great recipe ideas as well! Good luck on your journey to a healthy you!
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    I am totally inconsistent. Except peanut butter, I love peanut butter! I live with three people who all have different tastes and preferences and they are constantly leaving leftovers in the fridge. I don't like to see food go to waste, so iifmm I eat it!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    I eat what I've always eaten, I just eat less of it all now.

Moderation is the key. Eat whatever you like.
  • souti_in_oz
    Options
    DIEt ? I'm not familiar with a DIEt. I'm however, familiar with LIFEstyle changes.

Well said!

Eating healthy food heaps, dont do a salad diet or starvation diet. Waste of time. Eat healthy foods and moderation is key!

Breaky: Oats with banana and honey or
    Special K and banana

Morning Tea: Tuna on whole meal bread with spinage and lil fat free mayo or
    Peanut butter on whole meal toasted - HEAVEN !!!

Lunch: Chicken breasts steamed with a green salad or
    Left overs (smallish portion)
    Whole meal sandwich, salad, fresh cold meats (no pressed stuff)

Afternoon Tea: a smaller bowl of oats with honey or fruit

Dinner: Fish with lemon and seasioning lil garden salad.
    Protein Shake - I do my fitness and gym training after work.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    Food.
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options

I love how you put that :flowerforyou:
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Everything.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    You can eat anything you want, as long as it fits into your calories for the day.
    That's what I do.

My diary is open if you need ideas. :smile:

Yep. Feel free to have a gander at my diary as well. And yes, I really do drink that much coffee.
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    My dairy is open, have missed a few days logging because I went away where there was no phone/internet but go back a week and you will get an idea...it is pretty boring to say the least.

These links are useful...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/817188-iifym

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/820577-meal-frequency-rev-up-that-furnace-lol

QFT.

OP, dont get caught up in the 'I have to eat salads and plain grilled chicken breast for ever if I want to lose weight' crowd. The truth is you need to eat MOST of your food from good nutrient dense sources (vegetables, lean meats, dairy, good fats (evoo, avocado etc)). Then fill it up with whatever food you like as long as you stay under your daily calorie limit.

When I first started out I looked for the PERFECT meal plan and was going to eat nothing but the BEST foods ALL THE TIME! Needless to say that didn't work. There is no such thing as the perfect diet, just eat what you like that fits your goals. By the way, variety is a great thing. Getting your nutrients from an array of sources is good for your health so try new recipes and new foods as often as you like.
  • adcede19
    Options
    An easy way to get ideas is to friend someone who's losing weight by eating healthy. Every day when they complete their diary, there is the option to view their diary. You can see exactly what they ate and how they exercised today and all previous days (as long as their privacy settings let you see them). Try it out.

Healthy snacks that use taste to persuade:
    Kale chips (kale and olive oil, simple and delicious!
    Greek yogurt, honey flavored, with granola (just can't beat the taste!)
    protein shakes (fruit smoothie with milk and protein)
    Egg muffins with spinach or bits of turkey bacon (make your week's worth of snacks in half an hour
    Turkey bacon (baked)
    Roasted poultry, love them!
    Apple chips, cinnamon
    Turkey jerky
  • bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever I wanna eat. :smokin:
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever I want..because I'm not "on a diet". I try to make healthy choices, and stay within my calorie goals...but I eat anything I want.

This is also my blueprint. As if I am going to listen to Mr Atkins telling me I cant have pizza....