any mommies or stretch marks

Options
2»

Replies

• EryanCathleen
    EryanCathleen Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have been exfoliating religiously and following up with a moisturizer after getting out the shower, I am doing Insanity right now so I have just included this in my post workout routine...everyday.... I have noticed changes, I really love bio oil and in my opinion it works great, but it is costly. I picked up a nice moisturizer from bath and body works ($4.00) and I am loving the results.....
  • RandaRae16
    RandaRae16 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I've had 2 c-sections 3 years apart and have my stretch marks on my thighs more than my stomach. My stretch marks were close to gone after a year of hard work and a decent diet. When I got pregnant the 2nd time with our twins, I did get a few marks on my belly but they are starting to fade now that I'm back to working out 6 days a week. Toning and focusing muscle building, and lucky for me, good genes for skin all played a part in lessening the appearance of my stretch marks.

I've heard other mom's refer to them as Tiger Stripes and to wear them with pride!
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I lost flirty pounds but don't see much of a difference I feel as though the stretch marks make it look worse or maybe I still just look fat. Does anyone feel this way. I exercise my stomach n while body.

Wait 5 years or get tattoos ... even after 5 years they will just become less visible but will always be there. It's a scar ... scar's don't go away but they fade.
  • jesindc
    jesindc Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    How long has it been since you had your baby? I had really ugly red stretch marks and lots of loose skin and I was still feeling really bad about how it looked a full 2-3 years after my youngest was born. My youngest is 4 now and I'm finally at a stage where my stretchmarks don't bother me too much any more. They are still there if you look closely, but they are flesh colored now so you have to look closely to see them and the loose skin has tightened back up (not entirely, but enough that I'm no longer hanging around the internet reading about tummy tucks)
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    I have asked doctors and tried everything but it doesn't work. Stretch marks are tips in the skin they are deep scars and look terrible. I am just trying to fund ways to feel better about it

Well, I'm not a mommy but I am a guy with a small frame who lost 95 lbs and have/had SEVERE stretch marks. I have good news and bad news.

Bad news is, I have tried almost EVERYTHING, cocoa butter, vitamin e, other creams, cold baths, laser treatments etc. They will NEVER go away. Not even tummy tucks can fix it unless they're in the area of the surgery which is usually just above and below the navel. Stretch marks are literally small tears in the skins collagen to fit the pressure put on that area of the skin. Theres no way to fix that unless you sonehow have new skin put there in the affected area. There MAY be new laser treatments but the ones I tried, no go.

The good news is they fade almost entirely over time to where they're almost not noticeable at all unless up close or you run a hand across the stomach then they can be felt. Tanning will darken them with the rest of your skin. See my profile photos. You can't even tell in the pics that I have any. They seem like a huge deal now but in years they won't be.

Really, I just focus on the things I CAN control and stretch marks are a keen reminder of where I've been, they're out of my control. They're just there now and truly are not a big deal like I felt they were at one time.

This is so true.

<
    COVERED in stretch marks from my 2 y/o. Can you see them? Nope.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!