Gym guilts

Options
Does any one else get these? i go gym 2x a day (Cardio then weights) and today i overslept so i could go this morning and I feel so bad for not going. this isn't normal! xx

Replies

• Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    sometimes. often, i feel bad when i sleep in, especially if it was a work out i really needed to do for training. but today i slept in. i was exhausted, and sore. i'm a little injured from a weekend of snowboarding. going to the gym would've made me feel worse.

but if you are consistantly going twice a day, then i think you might be pushing yourself too much. try cutting back a little bit. alternate your cardio and weight days.
  • SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    You should try to get out more. Live a little. Have some fun. Make some mistakes. Make more mistakes. Make some really huge mistakes. Then you'll have way more interesting things to feel guilty about than only going to the gym once today.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I was having some stomach troubles, so skipped the gym this morning....yep, sure did feel guilty..esp since I won't be able to make up for it tomorrow.
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    The beauty of progressive calisthenics (bodyweight) routines is that I can take it with me wherever I go pretty much, so if I miss a workout I can pick up anywhere any time.

No gym - no guilt.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't exactly call them nightmares but I have dreams about missing my Saturday morning BodyCombat BodyPump & BodyAttack mix. I'm always so relieved when I wake up! I've felt guilty about missing Zumba but it's not really fitting my schedule anymore. More recently I rolled my right ankle yesterday and missing two classes, but I needed a break anyway, So. :smile:
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I missed last night and will have to do 4 nights in a row now :(. I'm on a deload week and find it hard to motivate myself on these for some reason?
  • owlyalice
    owlyalice Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Twice a day?! That's far too much! Cut down before you get too exhausted and lose momentum! Have a rest. Wow