stuck on weight

Options
Hi

I have been bulking and eating 1000 cal extra a day for last week or so I haven't gained a pound any ideas ? How do I start gaming again

Thanks

Replies

• Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    drink a gallon of milk a day
  • jfraser1992
    jfraser1992 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I do generally at least 6 pints a day
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    a week isnt long enough... however eating 1000 cals surplus (if in fact you are and your calculations arent off) will lead to mainly fat gain?
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Don't think a week is long enough to judge it on.
  • jbeadleL1C4
    Options
    You've added the calories, but what do your workouts look like? Tons of cardio will just burn the extra calories off. Weight-training will help your body break them down and use them to rebuild tissues.
  • mjgiggs
    mjgiggs Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Like jbeadleL1C4 said, your workout style is a factor but if you want to pick up some weight fast and dont mind some extra water weight load up on some basic creatine. Biggest gains I ever made came from creatine load cycles...I maintained the gains too when I got off.
  • TEMMEAlexa
    TEMMEAlexa Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    It is better if you consult a dietitian. Excess of calorie intake will not help you in the best way, nor will excess of workout. You won't want to give 6 months to gain weight, and then another 6 months to lose them.
  • headelite
    Options
    You don't sound consistent, pick a day any day. Like Sunday to weigh yourself. Aim for 1lb/week. If you weight yourself on sunday and realize you are the same, you are inaccurately calculating calories, or your TDEE is higher and you will have to adjust accordingly. Most likely you aren't eating as much as you think you are
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Weigh yourself daily and average it over the week. Compare change in average weight.
    Wait another week and if you haven't gained anything I would increase calories by 100 or so. More if you don't mind possibly overshooting it.