Salad recipes???

Options
tierra85
tierra85 Posts: 300 Member
Who would've thought at 215lbs forcing salad down my throat and practically gagging i would be at this point. I LOOOOVE salads!! I eat them everyday at least once. :smile: Anyways im hoping you guys could share some of your favorite salad recipes with me so i could give some new ones a try! Thanks a lot :heart:

Replies

• grrl77
    grrl77 Posts: 108
    Options
    One of the yummiest salads I've had was an apple walnut salad with grilled chicken. I just buy the chicken tenders, make maybe three? Cut it up, throw it over some mixed greens (I get the spring mix with herbs), a handful of walnuts, some shredded parm (not too much), tomatoes, onions sometimes, and I apples sometimes, or even strawberries. Depends on the season. :)
  • solrak1969
    solrak1969 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Romaine, red onion, tomato, red pepper slices, a little shredded swiss cheese, with good seasons italian dressing. My favorite, simple but good.
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: One of my favorite is:
    3 cups spinach
    1 oz Reduced Fat Feta Cheese crumbled
    2 Tbls Fat Free Raspberry Vinaigrette dressing
    Mix together then add ONE of the following
    1/2 c strawberries
    1/2 c peach bites
    1 clementine

Just the right amount of sweet and tart and pretty low in calories and 3 cups of spinach is quite a bit.

Laura:smile:
  • Sherry44
    Sherry44 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Avocado & Apple Chicken Salad
    2 cups cooked chicken or turkey breast
    1 cup diced red apple
    1/2 cup sliced celery
    1/4 cup chopped pecans
    1/2 cup fresh parsley (I used cilantro since I didn't have parsley)
    1/4 cup chopped onion
    1 1/2 Tbsp chopped mint leaves (I left this out since I didn't have it)
    1 1/2 Tbsp chopped jalapeno pepper (optional and I opted out due to the kids)
    2 Tbsp lemon juice
    1 tsp olive oil
    1 avocado halved, pitted, peeled and diced
    4 cups your choice of salad greens

Makes 4 servings & each serving is:
    200 Calories
    17 grams of Protein
    14 Carbs
    5 Sugars
    12 grams of Fat (1 saturated)
    30 mg Cholesterol
    4 grams of Fiber
    340 mg Sodium
  • rfialkiewicz
    rfialkiewicz Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    We call it a mondo salad.

It starts with romaine, then cucumber, celery, tomato, carrots, corn (small amount), broccoli, cauliflower, almonds, olives, sweet onions if we have them, and sunflower seeds if available. If I have the calories I'll toss 1oz of cheese on it too or some smoked turkey. I like it with just straight balsamic vinegar.
  • Serowland
    Serowland Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites is spring greens with goat cheese, candied walnuts, blueberries , and blueberry vinaigrette. Yum!

Tonight I am having another favorite - again start with spring greens, throw on an avocado, pomegranate, avocado. and Newman's lighten up balsamic vinaigrette.

I love salads!!

Sandra Rowland
  • tierra85
    tierra85 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    OMG these all sound soooo good!! Thank you guys so much! I don't know why i never thought to put fruit or nuts on my salads before!!
  • suzyanne
    Options
    All of these sound great!! Can't wait to try some!

I love the taco salad...just a nice big basic green salad with some seasoned beef over the top. Throw on some grated cheese and top with low fat sour cream and salsa. yummy!
  • lynziejohnson
    Options
  • Suzy12
    Suzy12 Posts: 284
    Options
    These all sound great! My "added" suggestion.....a tablespoon or two of Craisins (dried cranberries) to the salad. Then omit the cheese cause of the cals. Mmmmmm!!!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Romaine
    Feta
    Pistachios
    Hard boiled egg
    Chicken
    Blueberries
    Honey mustard (just mix 1 tablespoon mustard, 1 tablespoon honey, and some water to thin it out).

SOOO tasty. Also really good with apricots or strawberries instead of blueberries.
  • curvykent
    curvykent Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I love salads but I have to be very careful because I can get burned out on them fast. Last night I made a new salad and it was a BIG hit. It's a Mango salad. It's baby greens, avocado, chicken, cashews, jicama (I used an apple instead and it was fabulous) and cut up mango pieces. For the dressing you take mango, paprika, lime juice (well, I used lemons), evoo, cayenne pepper, and a tsp. of sugar and blend it up in the blender. I went lighter on the evoo (olive oil) and heavier on the lemon juice. It was very tasty and easy to make.
    Another favorite of mine is chinese chicken salad. I make it with cabbage, green onions, cilantro, peanuts (optional), sesame seeds (toasted), and top ramen noodles toasted (optional). The dressing is oil, rice vinegar, a little sesame oil, and a quarter of the chicken flavoring packet from the ramen noodles. It's delish!
    Last favorite salad: mexican chopped salad. Any greens you like, black beans, corn, avocado, bell pepper, jicama, tomato, red onion, basically ANY and ALL toppings you like. The dressing: lime juice, honey, cumin, cayenne, S&P, evoo.
  • McPhillips
    Options
    Fresh mixed greens, incuding spinach, plus whatever other veggies you want. I always use red bell pepper, avocado, a couple of olives, purple onion, tomato. Then for protein I like tomuse a diced boiled egg and pink salmon. For ease I use canned or pouch. I rarely use dressing. Instead I'd rather spend the calories on a bit of goat cheese. Both my husband and I love this quick standby.

Really I like any kind of green salad topped with whatever kind of meat or fish.
  • 6Janelle13
    6Janelle13 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I sometimes put my salad into a wrap.. especially when i need the calories... smart and delicous tortillas are the best for low carb/cal and high fiber.

anyways favorite salad/wrap

Chicken breast
    Franks buffalo sauce
    tomatoes- diced
    onion
    spinach or lettuce
    some cheddar (or blue cheese for buffalo wing taditionalists)
    2 slices of cucumber diced up
    avacado-optional
    wrap- optional
    all add up to a great football season snack that both the hubby (not on diet) and i can enjoy together
  • Melaniegibson
    Options
    I love taco salads too, over the greens! YUM!
    I also love the wedge salad that you can get at Outback, The Ram, BJ's.

A head of lettuce quartered, then with red onion, a few grape tomatos and blue cheese crumbles and blue cheese dressing. Just make sure you measure it out!
  • Firesign
    Firesign Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Yum!!! They all sound yummy!!
  • amg_89
    amg_89 Posts: 184
    Options
    In a skillet, sautee some sweet onion, mushrooms, artichoke hearts, and chicken if you eat meat. you can totally load up your salad with this and you won't even want dressing.
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    the basic
    lettuce
    tomato
    onion
    celery
    carrote
    cucumber
    chicken bacon mozz olives eggs avocado beets and ranch dressing i like all the beans to kidney gab
  • precioustypeoflove
    Options
    BUMP !! ALL THESE SOUND GREAT
  • nopeekiepeekie
    nopeekiepeekie Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    get some broccoli slaw (broccoli, carrots & red cabbage) and toss it into your salad. w/o the slaw sauce added it's 25 calories for 1 1/4c (85g). I usually just eat the slaw mix with some dressing (lately it's been FF Raspberry Vinaigrette) :happy: