Having trouble to keep going

Options
karri82
karri82 Posts: 52 Member
I decided in 2014 I would make a change, I'd been eating really unhealthily and just bingeing on sweets every night and put on 30lbs in a very short time, also medication that I'm on I'm at risk of developing metabolic syndrome ( diabetes, high blood pressure and obesity) which can cause heart disease and stroke (which runs in my famil) so I thought enough was enough something had to change. I've been doing quite well I've only been dieting for 3 weeks but now I'm seriously wanting to give up. I've only been married for 6 mths together for 10 and were getting divorced. I've hit a wall and want to give up and feel like these past 3 weeks have all been for nothing,

Replies

• tbduchess
    tbduchess Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Firstly karri82 congratulations and well done for wanting to change and making a change to your lifestyle and eating habits. You haven't said exactly how much you weigh, how much you want to lose etc but you've come to the right place using MFP. The whole process of losing weight and making your lifestyle healthier can be so difficult at times but is so worth the effort. You will have bad days as well as good. Don't lose hope and keep going, one day at a time. :smile:
  • EmpoweringMe331
    Options
    Sorry to hear that things have not been going great for you. It sounds like you are really stressed right now amd you seem to turn to food for comfort. I challenge you to make another choice and thats whats going to help you. Take a walk when you need to clear your mind, take kickboxing to get your frustrations out. You can do this..... You last 3 weeks and thats something to be proud of. Some people can not last for a day. Stay strong.... nothing but positive thoughts! All the best to you!
  • karri82
    karri82 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I was 181 to start I'm now 176lbs, I'm trying to push through to the positive of everything but I guess today is one of those bad days. Thank you to both of you for the encouragement