Yikes! I have been logging wrong all this time!

Options
124»

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    140 pound female burning 700 calories in an aerobics class? Another female burning 900 in an hour of Zumba?

Proceed at your own peril

I agree HRM are only good for steady state cardio and zumba and aerobics are not that...I would only eat about 50% of them...maybe 75% if I was really hungry.
  • tyediri
    tyediri Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    So I had my Zumba class yesterday. 60 minutes of Zumba at an average heart rate of 170 and maximum 193 gave me a 641kcal burn.
    I logged it as 420 (75% of 641, minus about 60kcals which I would have burned to stay alive). I ended up having over 300kcals left over anyway.

It kind of sucks that I can't use my heart rate monitor for aerobics and zumba. :( I will continue to use it just to monitor my heart rate though. I do not have any problems with my heart, not that I know anyway, but I shall monitor to see if it starts coming down after a few weeks.

I am, however, training for a 10k run, so I should be able to use my HRM and get an accurate calorie count then. :)
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    I say take the cals and run!

If the OP eats all of those calories back, she won't be running very far.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    140 pound female burning 700 calories in an aerobics class? Another female burning 900 in an hour of Zumba?

Proceed at your own peril

I agree HRM are only good for steady state cardio and zumba and aerobics are not that...I would only eat about 50% of them...maybe 75% if I was really hungry.

I use mine for kettlebell. It's not steady state, but as long as my heart rate remains above 120, I think it is accurate enough. After all, I don't always run at the same pace - some days I am adding in sprints.

ETA: Obviously the calories I calculate are accurate enough to keep my weight where I want it.
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    OKAY!!!!!

FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING THAT IS RIGHT AND JUST IN THIS WORLD, PLEASE STOP TOP-QUOTING.

OKAY!!!
  • tyediri
    tyediri Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    That made me lol! :)
    I say take the cals and run!

If the OP eats all of those calories back, she won't be running very far.