A stressed work out

Options
I moved back in with my parents, after living on my own for almost 9 years til I could get back up on my feet, in August. I got engaged in November and am now planning the wedding. It's hard living with my parents at this age, as you could guess. They seem to expect the same thing that happened in high school to be happening now, go to school (in this case work) and come home. I had no life in high school. But I'm working two and a half jobs and planning a wedding. My fiancé is finally coming around to the fact that we don't have long til the wedding and is pitching in a lot more. I feel like his dad is still mad about the fact that we are getting married in the town we live in instead of where he lives, and he says things. I'm sorry future father-in-law but the save the dates are out and the church is reserved... Anyway now I'm just venting...

This is all getting to me. I CAN'T CONCENTRATE WHEN I'M STRESSED. I worked out last night and couldn't accomplish anything. I couldn't balance to save my life and had no coordination , so I ended up boxing. I don't want to be the kind of girl that has to hit something when she's stressed.

Any suggestions to help me concentrate? I need your help!

Replies

• sheermomentum
    sheermomentum Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Actually, I think its great to hit something when you're stressed. You probably were alot less stressed afterwards, and you got a great workout. Its not like you were hitting the kids or something, and the one is not likely to lead to the other..

P.S. I suggest sending your fiance's dad a picture of you boxing. Perhaps he will take the hint.
  • LucyMae86
    Options
    Thanks :) My fiancé wants me to sign up for a boxing class in town too. I would love to hear his dad's reaction to that photo!
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    why not take up boxing. you might find out you love it and not because you can take your frustrations out on the bag and pretend it's everyone who's bothering you that day's faces - including your soon to be FIL. lol

congratulations on your upcoming wedding and yes planning it can be stressful. there's a lot that goes into it. heck i remember all the stress i was under towards the end of planning and that was 15 years ago. i put all my anger/frustrations into running and just plain working out. i did get a bit crazy towards the end though because i was working out 2-3 hours a day but i did look good come wedding day. lol

oh and i lived with my parents while planning our wedding - yes it's NOT FUN but soon you will be married and you won't have to worry about that anymore.
  • HanaNikki
    Options
    When I'm stressed, I love to go out for a run. Being surrounded by nature and letting out all of my energy, that's what helps me. But if you enjoy boxing, you should try that :) Everyone has their own stress management methods.

Congratulations on your engagement! I got married last year and I know quite well how stressful the organization is :/
  • leannraya
    leannraya Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I think you answered your own question.. start boxing!! :)