Saw this and thought it was interesting...

Options
http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/twin-brothers-act-guinea-pigs-sugar-v-fat-190600102.html

I liked that it explained things and that they came to the conclusion that most here understand.

ETA: especially this part: "The brothers concluded that searching for "one toxic ingredient" was fruitless and we should rather be watching calories, portion size, and eating whole foods whenever possible. Its an un-sexy approach that won't spark any diet crazes or launch a bestseller, but could actually work."

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    yes interesting...

What I found interesting was this quote
    He realized that while he and Chris were both doctors, they really didn't know that much about nutrition and diet. "These topics fall between the cracks at medical school. Yes, we understood biochemistry and food metabolism, and knew a lot about the consequences of being overweight," he said. "But which diets work, why we eat too much and why losing weight is so hard don't sit within any medical specialty."

and this one
    The brothers concluded that searching for "one toxic ingredient" was fruitless and we should rather be watching calories, portion size, and eating whole foods whenever possible. Its an un-sexy approach that won't spark any diet crazes or launch a bestseller, but could actually work.
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    I can't watch the video at work. Does it tell you how heavy the other brother was? The amount of weight loss difference could have to do with how much each of them had to lose.

I also wonder if the bigger brother would have increased his stamina if he had stayed with the diet longer. I know the first six weeks of keto my endurance and aerobic ability suffered. After about six weeks, it suddenly jumped right back to where it was before and has been increasing since (increase is probably related to lost weight more than diet).
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I can't watch the video at work. Does it tell you how heavy the other brother was? The amount of weight loss difference could have to do with how much each of them had to lose.

I also wonder if the bigger brother would have increased his stamina if he had stayed with the diet longer. I know the first six weeks of keto my endurance and aerobic ability suffered. After about six weeks, it suddenly jumped right back to where it was before and has been increasing since (increase is probably related to lost weight more than diet).

it's not a video it's an article...

It doesn't give specifics for both but I believe 1 was 245lbs (I think). The amount of weight loss was discussed

As for Keto they discussed it and the fact that if you are in it too long it can cause liver failure as well as the fact he felt foggy in the brain...

I quoted directly from the article...the end of it and their conculsion.
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    There's a video on the top of the article. I thought it might go into more detail.