*rubs temples*

Options
Hi. How's it going? So after losing 8lbs the first 2 weeks, I seem to have stalled at 207. Well I take that back. Last Wednesday I was 207, last Friday I was 209. Back down to 207 today. Great.

Diary is open and before I throw another temper tantrum (not really, just frustrated), would someone who's had success want to take a look and let me know where I could improve on? Ignore the water part, I drink about a 2L a day of plain water and tea on top of that. Had the sick and a migraine this past weekend so no go on exercise but I'm still trying to get 4 days a week. Am I not eating enough? Too much fat? Should I just get out the hedge clippers and take care of it the old fashioned way? Or have I just hit the dreaded older age curse?? I even have more or less given up alcohol.

I am doing measurements but I'm trying to do those every other week. Jeans are fitting better in the *kitten* and my shirts do look better over my belly. So yes, I am using other tools. We're getting a scale this weekend for food but in the mean time, I've been measuring everything the best I can. TOM isn't an issue right now. I just can't wrap my head that I've hit a plateau only 1 month in.

There has got to be something I'm doing wrong here. Please help???

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    8lbs in 3 weeks is good...and if you are losing inches too that's even better you are on a good track...not the best but getting there...

But remember

weight fluctuates due to a lot of factors such as new exercise routine, water retention, that time of the month...weight loss is not linear...plateaus are longer than a week or two..I went 4 weeks in nov and didn't lose a lb..then wham 1lb gone..my deficet is set to 1/2 a week...then gained over the holidays (1 1/2lbs) didn't lose for a week and a half then bam 1,5 gone and another 1.5 this week...getting used to my new exercise...etc.

But right off I can see you don't weigh a lot of your food if any....

That is often a key part right there...measuring cups just don't cut it

As well try not to use the "generic" or "homemade" entries those I wouldn't trust at all...search for the USDA entries non * entries and check the values against the lables as well and the # of confirmations...

That being said you aren't eating everything you could...you have up to 1600 calories plus exercise...and it looks like you are eating on average 1300? and with exercise calories 400 in 26 mins..Yah that seems high but that being said you don't appear to be eating very many back anyway...that can put your net too low...

Try eating back about 50-75% of those exercise calories so you are fueling your workouts.
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    That all makes sense. I had no idea about the USDA entries so thank you very much for that! Until I get my HRM replaced, I don't trust what the TV or MFP says for calories burned so I wasn't sure where to eat back to.

Scale for food is priority number 1! Thanks for taking the time to post. It used to be so easy to drop weight. Blah.

Thanks again!