I love baking... but what to do with them afterwards?

Options
13»

Replies

• xcmtnracer
    xcmtnracer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I'm that guy at the office that everyone loves to hate because I am a human disposal for excess baked goods, send them my way, I've got you covered.
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Bring it to work and watch everyone gain weight...that's what I do! LOL
  • spikrgrl503
    spikrgrl503 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way. I bring things to work. However, I find that when I make cookies I make half a batch, and then just cook them four at a time (two for me, two for hubby). I find that chocolate chip cookie dough lasts about a week in the fridge. My weakness is fresh baked goods right out of the oven, and it helps if I only make what I'm going to eat.

Cupcakes freeze well if they arent frosted.Just wrap them in saran wrap and when you want one, let it defrost and then frost it!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I was taking them to work. But after all the MFP "HALP my coworkers are sabotaging me" threads I try to do that less. So now my husband usually takes them to work on the boat. Sailors never complain about sabotage, they just ask you to pass the cookies.

eta: I also make half and quarter batches where I can. But not everything will split that way.

Also since I stopped taking so much stuff to work, people have started complaining about that too. Proof that you can't please everybody.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    I freeze it and get out a suitable amount when I can fit it into my macros. I also bake for my cheat meals. But if you really have to much then I think the charity ideas are great.
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Take the goods to your local police department or fire station.
    They'll gladly take them off your hands.
  • leaner426
    Options
    Have you thought about experimenting with new recipes that are healthy and your favorites? For example, I've recently seen brownie recipes using beans. You could also contact local community groups, girl scout troups, etc. to see if they'd like a cooking demonstration or lessons. What saved me when I was diagnosed with celiac disease (before gluten free became a fad) was that I could bake - I met so many others who couldn't.

Or you could look into things like Pampered Chef. Their sellers usually serve food and many aren't that good. If you don't want it as a job, you could offer to do it on occasion.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    Shelters, churches, food banks, senior centers would be great ideas!

^
    This.
  • crevices
    crevices Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    i always try to look for single-serving or make smaller batches so that i dont waste it since i also dont have anybody to share with, and it still satisfies my need to make food but i dont know everyones different!