6 Week challenge. Anyone want to join me?

Options
Hi all. I need some extra motivation, and would love to help others get motivated. I'd like to set some challenges for myself in the next 6 weeks, and wondered if anyone else would be on board with this. For me it's a 12 lb loss, being able to increase my weight training, and add some more cardio. Also to eat a bit better, since I took the carb train lately and haven't been able to get off.

Anyone? :)

1292634.png

Replies

• toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Yes! I'm in!
  • indymomof2
    Options
    Me too!!!
  • precioustypeoflove
    Options
    COUNT ME IN IM ALWAYS UP FOR SOME THING NEW!!
  • Allieballie
    Options
    Awesome :) Can I call the group The Fall Challenge Group? I'll post on the General forum (this one) and we can start tomorrow?

I'm new at this, but perhaps intro's to start? :) And then we can post what we did for exercise that day/ what we found challenging as far as eating, and what we're changing to get to our goal...?

I'll start.

HI :) I'm Allie. I've lost around 50 lbs over the past year or so and would like to lose another 20 lbs or so. I've been teaching Zumba for a year and a half, and teach about 6-10 hours a week. I'd like to add some more weight training and perhaps change my cardio. Add some stairs to my regimen and even treadmill (both of which I dislike, but whatever it takes.....) Can't wait to hear back from everyone !
  • Brittany_Kayy
    Brittany_Kayy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I wanna be in!!!

Hi Dolls!!
    My name is Brittany. I'm 20 years old, I'll be 21 October 4th!

I've lost 53 lbs so far and I only have 10 to go until I'm at my goal weight which is 140. If I'm not happy there I'd like to get to 135.

I'd really like to do more than just the elliptical or treadmill. Maybe some workout dvd's? && maybe some weights!!

I'm very excited to be here :)

edited: I would also like to get in at least 9 glasses of water a day!!! I've been slacking with that!!!!!
  • Allieballie
    Options
    Here's my schedule for tomorrow.

Teaching 1 hour of zumba,
    then 10 minutes on the stairmaster (100 calories burned. I hate it, but it really works my legs)
    then 10 minutes on the treadmill, level 3 at incline 10 (blasting music all the way)
    then working on my abs for 10 minutes, ball lifts with my legs, then leg lifts
    another 10 minutes on the universal machine, just working my arms and back.

I'd really like to cut down on my starch intake. I'm going to attempt to make most of my carbs good ones. That's the hard part for me :(
  • Annalee11
    Options
    Count me in for the challenge too! This sounds like a great idea!

Hi loveys,
    My name is Annalee and I am also 20 years old. My 21st birthday is right around the corner (Sept. 19), so I am stepping it up turbo style so I can look great and actually have a piece of my own birthday cake without toooo much guilt. :smile:

So far I have lost 18 lbs and have 12 to go to reach my goal weight. I would LOVE to get there with you ladies through this 6 week challenge!

For exercise I do a lot of jogging with my puppy and other various things. I do some workout DVDs and take some assorted classes, yoga mostly.

@Brittany_Kayy you said you would maybe like to do some more workout videos? I have the 30- Day Shred by Jillian Michaels ($8 @ Walmart) and it has GREAT reviews. We should try it on this challenge. Keeping motivated is always the key, and I bet we could help each other out. Let me know!

Yay! Can't wait to get started . :smile:
  • dward843
    Options
    Hi!!

My name is Dora and I have lost 18 lbs so far.

I have started doing the Zumba workout and love it.

I have a problem with sweets and try not to eat them.

My goal weight is 145 and I'm at 196 now. I have been taking in a little more calories because for two weeks the scale didn't move. I would love to be a part of this so then I will be held accountable. This really helps me alot.

Let's Do It!!!!!
  • Brittany_Kayy
    Brittany_Kayy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Count me in for the challenge too! This sounds like a great idea!

Hi loveys,
    My name is Annalee and I am also 20 years old. My 21st birthday is right around the corner (Sept. 19), so I am stepping it up turbo style so I can look great and actually have a piece of my own birthday cake without toooo much guilt. :smile:

So far I have lost 18 lbs and have 12 to go to reach my goal weight. I would LOVE to get there with you ladies through this 6 week challenge!

For exercise I do a lot of jogging with my puppy and other various things. I do some workout DVDs and take some assorted classes, yoga mostly.

@Brittany_Kayy you said you would maybe like to do some more workout videos? I have the 30- Day Shred by Jillian Michaels ($8 @ Walmart) and it has GREAT reviews. We should try it on this challenge. Keeping motivated is always the key, and I bet we could help each other out. Let me know!

Yay! Can't wait to get started . :smile:

I have Jillian's 30 day shred as well!!! On my computer though, I was able to get it through itunes!!! I'm down to throw it in, if you are :):) Let's do it.. :flowerforyou:
  • Allieballie
    Options
    ooh. I want to try the shred as well!!! :)
  • TatesK
    TatesK Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm up for it! I just started back up with the trying to lose again, I half a half marathon coming up in 33 days... if that's not enough to keep me on track, I don't know what is! Congrats on all the different cardio ladies, it gives me some new ideas for my cross-training days.
  • Fayegill
    Fayegill Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm up and would love to drop 10 in 6 weeks. I'm starting to see a nutrionists and she is making a few changes to my diet to follow. So far no fruit or starches at night.
    Also she wants me to increase my weight lifting - Any advice on a good program.
  • brycensmom
    Options
    I will join in. I have been on this lifestyle change for about 6 months now and lost 50 lbs. I have started having trouble losing anymore and have actually been going up and down 2-3 lbs lately. I am starting to get really depressed about this. I need some extra stuff like challenges like this to bust me through this plateau. Please help!!!! :) I have made it this far so I can keep going, right?! I know weight is getting harder to come off but I would LOVE to lost 15 lbs in 6 weeks. I am at about 238 right now and just getting in the 220's would ticke me LOL. Feel free to add me if yall want. I dont have very many friends on my page yet!!! Good luck everyone
  • Gettinfit2
    Gettinfit2 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I've never tried a challenge before. I recently joined a health club and have a routine I am happy with. I feel like I actually found a program and plan I can work with.

258098.png
  • rosaline1191
    rosaline1191 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I would love to join.

I lost about 15lb earlier in the year and have gained most of it back so I'm looking to challenge myself.

You could think about incorporating the 100 Pushup / 200 situp / 200 squats programs into your challenge since each program is supposed to take about 6 weeks.
  • lisablueeyes
    lisablueeyes Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm in.....
    I have to say I'm so happy i found this program(on my ipod)....
    Keeps my on track pretty much all the time with my calorie intake....
    I'm looking to lose 10to15lbs by December.So that leaves me with 1200to 1400 cal intake and trying to workout at least 3-4 times a week... so far so good. Mind you the long weekend killed me!
    I will be doing a step Aerobics tonight!(ouch)

cw152
    gw140
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    hey all, I need to lose weight as well!
  • brycensmom
    Options
    This morning I was 238.0 :( Up a couple lbs for some reason. I will make it through though. When did this 6 week challenge start? Where are we in it?
  • ree0280
    Options
    ok...I'm in too!!
    Hello, my name is Rianna and I would like to lose about 25 more pounds, lost 12 over the past few months but really want to be at 125 before Christmas!! I am also training for my first half marathon so I am running 3 to 4 days a week. I need to add some more cardio and weight training in my mix and am changing gyms so I can do zumba in the mornings once a week.
    I will have to weigh myself tomorrow, I was 149 last Tuesday, but have a feeling I put on a couple over the holiday weekend :(
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    This morning I was 238.0 :( Up a couple lbs for some reason. I will make it through though. When did this 6 week challenge start? Where are we in it?

I think it just started when this thread was started.

I've recently gained a few pounds because I was on vacation, but I'll lose it again.

I'm down 51 lbs total, I will lose another 45. I am hoping to be down 20 by Christmas. The weekends kill me. I'm pretty good during the week, but weekends are hard.