My Minor/Major Success Story

Options
I've been bad for months. I blamed work. travel, a home move and the holidays. From June 2013 to January 2014 I didn't exercise as much as i had in the year previous. I stopped weighing my portions, stopped logging my foods and didn't always make wise food choices. I felt okay with my overall 90 lbs weight loss since September 2012...but knew I had another 25 lbs to loss before March 2014, I felt like I stalled completely and I knew I had no-one to blame but my lack of attention.

I got back on track in the last weeks. I'm tracking again, I'm back at the gym, I'm making better food choices. I'm feeling better, but also feeling like I wasted 2013 weight-loss wise.

Tooling around in MFP I was playing with my reports. And guess what? I lost 16.6 lbs in the last 12 months. I LOST weight when I thought I was failing. 16.6 lbs is 1 to 2 dress sizes. That isn't NOTHING...that is something!

The lesson I learned is that sometimes if you are looking for actual success you need to stop looking so closely...step away and see where you've been and where you are now. .5 lb loss in a week is hard to feel successful about. But almost 17 lbs total is pretty awesome. Don't let the trees ruin your view of the forest.

Replies

• FatKidAtHeart88
    FatKidAtHeart88 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Just getting back on that bandwagon is a victory in itself. I too took off from July to December because of a job change. To help get motivated I just look at the older pictures and what I look like now. Keep it up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!