Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

To anyone who once called me friend...

TheApocalypse
TheApocalypse Posts: 319 Member
Cant we all just start over
Cant we all just have fun
Pretend that things didn't end
Where I hurt everyone
Where'd the good times all go
Where'd the friendships die off
Most have closed their accounts
Others simply logged off
When the ditch has been dug
Its so hard to climb out
Then the holes covered up
With pain and with doubt
I know things will never
Go back how they were
It happened so fast
In a big fuzzy blur
There's none to be done
Not one thing can be said
Just one sorrowful statement
While I bow my head
Its simple you see
to make things brand new
I wish that were the case
'cause I miss all of you...

-to my dear friends that I lost along the way... I'm sorry

Replies

• Ferrous_Female_Dog
    Ferrous_Female_Dog Posts: 221 Member
    What in God's name are you talking about, man?
  • tristaj90
    tristaj90 Posts: 330 Member
    That's a great poem... But yeah.. not sure how many friends you'll get back. Sorry! Make new ones :)
  • SmileCozYouCan
    SmileCozYouCan Posts: 315 Member
    What in God's name are you talking about, man?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • Luv2Smile55
    Luv2Smile55 Posts: 133 Member
    Awe ... I'm not one of your "friends" but I can feel your sincerity. An apology well meant is the best place to start. *Blessings* Buddy :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    That's a great poem...

I've seen better.
  • Amazingday
    Amazingday Posts: 682 Member
    I have been on her quite a while, and I too feel that way when I see my friends are gone. Or haven't logged on in months. I send a note to let them know if they want to come back we are still here, hoping that they don't give up. Nice note!
  • DainaLC
    DainaLC Posts: 18,937 Member
    I hope the ones you are speaking to read this, it's a very sweet gesture.
  • Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member
    I have been on her quite a while, and I too feel that way when I see my friends are gone. Or haven't logged on in months. I send a note to let them know if they want to come back we are still here, hoping that they don't give up. Nice note!

You should give her a break every now and then. Women need some space too you know.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    2583q74.gif
  • TheApocalypse
    TheApocalypse Posts: 319 Member
    To those of you who feel the need to reply with a smartass response, this message is not for you. Though I know many people out there have nothing better to do than act like children... please just carry on with your day.

To the rest of you who have comment, I do appreciate your time, but I am not fishing for comments. Nor do I expect any of my old friends to "take me back". I messed up and ruined a lot of the relationships I had on here and have also been MIA for a very long time. I let down a lot of really good people that I talked to nearly every day. I messed up and while I know that probably none of them will ever read this, it just needed to be said.
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Why post it publicly if you don't want any comments, one way or the other, and you don't feel it would be effective in repairing any damage? You could just as easily "said" it without subjecting yourself to abuse.

Not bashing though. Though personally, I'm not one for passive gestures. I have made friends here, but the ones that become important to me are in my phone and on my FB list so even if they decide to leave MFP, we still stay connected.
  • Dan_Druff
    Dan_Druff Posts: 104
    This is actually pretty cool of you. I would forgive you.
  • Dan_Druff
    That's a great poem...

I've seen better.

Agreed. Rhyming poems are the bane of poetry. It's really hard for me as an editor to take a poet seriously when they focus on rhyming scheme over content, style, and statement.

tumblr_inline_myaczxEQTM1qzna3u.gif
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    That's a great poem...

I've seen better.

Agreed. Rhyming poems are the bane of poetry. It's really hard for me as an editor to take a poet seriously when they focus on rhyming scheme over content, style, and statement.

Not bashing though. Though personally, I'm not one for passive gestures. I have made friends here, but the ones that become important to me are in my phone and on my FB list so even if they decide to leave MFP, we still stay connected.
    not bashing but bashing
    and not everyone does things the way you do.
  • LeGaCyGiAnT124
    LeGaCyGiAnT124 Posts: 158 Member
    2583q74.gif

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • SmileCozYouCan
    SmileCozYouCan Posts: 315 Member
    I actually like the poem!
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    That's a great poem...

I've seen better.

not bashing but bashing

I don't say that they do, or that they have to. I'm entitled to my opinion just as anyone else.
    I changed my original comment within the 2 minutes after I posted because I changed my mind about what I wanted to say, and two people jumped on me for it... Nice.

Anyway, there was no bashing there. I stated something about my experience as an editor (and as a published poet) that is actually a pretty common opinion in the literary world. I didn't say this author was doing that, though, and that's why I decided to change my original comment because I figured people would misconstrue my statement.

Appears I was right.
  • Dan_Druff
    That's a great poem...

I've seen better.

not bashing but bashing

I don't say that they do, or that they have to. I'm entitled to my opinion just as anyone else.
    I changed my original comment within the 2 minutes after I posted because I changed my mind about what I wanted to say, and two people jumped on me for it... Nice.

Anyway, there was no bashing there. I stated something about my experience as an editor (and as a published poet) that is actually a pretty common opinion in the literary world. I didn't say this author was doing that, though, and that's why I decided to change my original comment because I figured people would misconstrue my statement.

Appears I was right.

I think you probably edited it because you realized it sounded pretentious.
  • PghPensFan69
    PghPensFan69 Posts: 2,393 Member
    Is this one of those junk pics gone wrong stories?
  • wanna_b_there
    wanna_b_there Posts: 295 Member

You should give her a break every now and then. Women need some space too you know.

:tongue: