Replies

• Cirsium
    Cirsium Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your encouragement
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    It's typically women who say this, so here is the proper response, it'll get you a laugh and turn the tables.

Pretend you didn't quite hear what they said, smile really big, reach for her belly with both hands and say this. "Oh my God! You're pregnant? Congratulations! I thought you had just put on a few extra pounds."

Rigger

:laugh: Love that response.

The only safe time to ask if one is expecting without previous input is if there is a baby actually being birthed at that moment.
  • SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    Throat punch.

You stole my response. That was exactly what I was going to say. Throat punch, followed by "Oh sorry! Pregnancy hormones..."
  • Cirsium
    Cirsium Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Throat punch.

You stole my response. That was exactly what I was going to say. Throat punch, followed by "Oh sorry! Pregnancy hormones..."

double whammy! brilliant! you've all completely cheered me up :D
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Oh honey :( I'm sorry.
  • mrsdean4
    mrsdean4 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    It's typically women who say this, so here is the proper response, it'll get you a laugh and turn the tables.

Pretend you didn't quite hear what they said, smile really big, reach for her belly with both hands and say this. "Oh my God! You're pregnant? Congratulations! I thought you had just put on a few extra pounds."

Rigger

LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!
  • LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    You should never say anything to a woman that even remotely suggests you think she's pregnant unless you can see an actual baby emerging from her at that moment.
    -- Dave Berry, "25 Things I Have Learned in 50 Years"