Below 1200 calories?

Options
2»

Replies

• sargessexyone
    sargessexyone Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Tell him you are NOT eating that low ... if that is unacceptable to him, Fire him and hire a new trainer. Worst.Advice.From.Trainer.EVER!

Agree.
  • thoughtspresso
    Options
    Actually, I think I need help and we have the opposite problem. I try to eat three square meals a day. But since it's all healthy food, mostly, I often get only up to 600 or 800 calories. I'm always on a calorie deficit!
  • KristaIacobucci
    Options
    What are you defining as "healthy food"? Make sure you're getting enough healthy fats, protein and high fiber foods.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Actually, I think I need help and we have the opposite problem. I try to eat three square meals a day. But since it's all healthy food, mostly, I often get only up to 600 or 800 calories. I'm always on a calorie deficit!

Add calorie denseness to your meals. Add butters and oils to your cooking. One tablespoon of butter is 100 calories. Two tablespoons of peanut butter is 190ish. OR eat two portions of these healthy foods if needed.
  • thoughtspresso
    Options
    I eat rice every meal, being Asian. It's just that I avoid pork and deep fried things, and baked desserts. So my food is like a piece of fish/chicken/beef, a cup of veg, a piece of fruit, and rice or some other natural source of carb. The meat and veg are often cooked in vegetable oil, either lauric or olive, so I didn't think I was low on the "good" kind of fat. Sometimes I take a salad with sesame dressing and cuts of turkey or even black forest ham. Sometimes I eat oatmeal, sometimes I eat whole grain cereal. And I may avoid refined sugar, but I do use honey instead, and I eat a lot of fruit through the day. So I don't think I'm cutting down on sugar either. I also try to drink a cup of low fat milk every day.

And I never skip breakfast. Never. I always have my biggest servings of carb and protein then.

I'm not on some suffocating no-carb, no-fat, no-sugar diet. I'm just really trying to keep an honest-to-goodness nutrition plan. I removed things like donuts and cake and chips and icecream. And when I did, boom. Daily calorie deficit.

I think I need to have more salad, like. Probably eat a salad in between breakfast-and-lunch, and another between lunch-and-dinner. Or something. I don't know. I don't know how to get some ++ healthy, nutritious, non-empty calories.

Help?